Tube amp volume at its MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube amp volume at its MAX

Hey guys, during gigs and events when you needa blast the amp to its maximum, do any of you adjust the "treble", "mid", "bass" "presense" down to say below 5 or leave it as it is between 7-10?

What are some recommended adjustments for the amp at its MAX volume ?
    Thanks
    Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
    Gibson 1959 reissue
    Gibson 1960 reissue
    Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Re: Tube amp volume at its MAX

Originally posted by DesertRose
    What are some recommended adjustments for the amp at its MAX volume ?
    Thanks

I adjust myself so I'm well away from it so I don't go any more deaf than I already am
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

To me, it really depends on whether the tone stack is just adding TMB or if they truly subtract as well as add. (as in setting the knob to 12:00 is a neutral, from there you can add or subtract)

Most people, in my opinion, run their tone controls too high most of the time.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Typically with my Deluxe, if i need to go that high, it would be bass at around 2, treble at 6.

When you're cranking loud, you want some semblace of a tight sound to shine, and that needs some bass taming, and more treble than usual in my case.

Another thing-When i'm playing my amp without pedals with the volume way up, i use volume and tone controls on my guitar alot to tame the tone. I actually like the clean tone of the amp better when the amp is set high, and the guitar volume and tone controls are at 5; it's a very rich sound, and if you need it to cut more, just roll up the tone a bit and you're set.
        2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

My EQ knobs never get above 6. I never turn them back when I run it at higher volumes. I never max the volume though, and I hope I'll never need to
          Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
          Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Nver eadjusted but i also never had a reason to fully max my powerball
            - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
            - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
            - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
            - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
            - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
            - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
            - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
            - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
            -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

Working...
            X