Empty 2x12 cab source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty 2x12 cab source

I am pondering buying another 2x12 cabinet just for recording purposes.

I sold my blackstar off with one of my DSL heads, and I've been missing it ever since.
    .... my other half stack is at the rehearsal space...
    I am thinking about buying an empty 2x12 and sticking one of those cheap little bantamps on top just to give a totally different freq spectrum to my recordings.....

My question is, where can I source an empty (I've got speakers lying around I want to use) 2x12 cabinet that sounds ok and is inexpensive?
    Hard to find one via OfferUp, and I deleted Facebook so.... Shoot me some ideas and I'll go check them out.

Thanks boys!
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

What's the most you want to spend?

Comment

i got a mojotone 2x10 cab a while back, was just under $300 shipped. great cab but probably more than you want to spend. shouldnt be too hard to find an inexpensive 2x12 if you arent overly particular about what it is.

Comment

A good budget cab is the Seismic Audio

https://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/collections/2x12-empty-guitar-cabinets

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          They make another one for $154.

This 2x12 guitar cabinet is made tough. It is a heavy duty guitar cab with recessed handles, dual 1/4 inch jack plates, and dual ported. This speaker cabinet is empty and ready for you to load your own guitar speakers in them.

Comment

Eminence has one I've read read good reviews on, and it's $199.

Comment

I know a guy here locally that gigs with a Harley Benton 2x12. It’s held up fine and it was cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                What's the most you want to spend?
                2 or 3 bills maybe.

Comment

Avatar sells empty cabs. Watch for B stock.

Comment

Thanks so much guys!

Comment

I like the Mojotones I've heard, I know of lots of makers, but am reticent to recommend ones I haven't actually heard -as there is a lot of math and art into making the desired speaker styles optimal -so just being a good cabinet maker, isn't enough for a good guitar cabinet.
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

the mojotone i have is an open back 2x10 but the build is very nice, and they have a variety of styles, but i think its more than you want to spend. probably $400-600 depending on model

Comment

Mojotone built my head cabinet for my Fender M80. The craftmanship and quality is top-notch

Comment

I picked up a empty (used) Avatar 212 cab on CL. It sounds really good and the build quality is top shelf. I installed a couple of Creamback 65’s and use it as an extension for my Peavey 5150 212 combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              Wow dude, you beat me to suggesting that company !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X