No announcement yet.

Good luck finding tubes right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 100's of types of vacuum tubes.
    Are you looking for power tubes ?
    If so what type ? EL-34/6550/6L6/EL-84 ect ?
    Preamp tubes same thing : 12AX7/12AT7/5751 ?
    China stop making tubes last year but there are still plenty in circulation.
    Ebay is your friend. Plenty of reputable vendors there w/o the markup like DT & TD.

Comment

Sweetwater has plenty of Power tubes in stock EL84, EL34, 6L6, 6550 -you name it -they have it right now.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I still have a box full of spares sitting around and I sold my Road King a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
          I still have a box full of spares sitting around and I sold my Road King a year ago.
          That Road King could have held them all!

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
            China stop making tubes last year but there are still plenty in circulation.
            Damn!

What about New Sensor & JJ, looking by the shortage, are these gonna close down next too?

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post

Damn!

What about New Sensor & JJ, looking by the shortage, are these gonna close down next too?
              Doubt it since Mike Matthews has his hand in many different brands now and JJ is in Slovak and going strong. The shortage may be only in the US? I don't know. I haven't used a full on tube amp in years. IF New Sensor and JJ did end up closing down, that would spell the end of tube amps whether anyone likes it or not.

Comment

Damn!

No indication of that at all.

Comment

I haven't been using my tube amp for awhile now too but damn I wasn't expecting China to shutdown their production outlets, thats like ~40% of modern production tube source gone poof!

The last time I bought power tubes was 6CA7s from eurotubes but dont have a fresh set sitting around as a backup. Have plenty of preamp tubes on stockpile but without power tubes I'm screwed. I'm gonna need to save up & stock up on a few different set of power tubes before JJ & Sovtek prices start shooting up.

Comment

The Chinese tubes are no great loss really. Plenty of tubes available.
                    And anybody should only need power tubes once every 5 years at the earliest.
                    Good power tubes properly biased should last 5000 hours or more.
                    TAD had the best Chinese tubes because they tested & matched.
                    Don't know what TAD is doing now tho.

Comment

I ordered a set of tubes off vivatubes.com last night, they seemed to have lots in stock.
                      https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I haven't been using my tube amp for awhile now too but damn I wasn't expecting China to shutdown their production outlets, thats like ~40% of modern production tube source gone poof!

The last time I bought power tubes was 6CA7s from eurotubes but dont have a fresh set sitting around as a backup. Have plenty of preamp tubes on stockpile but without power tubes I'm screwed. I'm gonna need to save up & stock up on a few different set of power tubes before JJ & Sovtek prices start shooting up.
                        Same here. I have plenty of preamp
                        tubes but only one set of power tubes as a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                          Is now a good time to mention how much Dave and I love our Fender Tone Masters?
                          While true, my Mesa sounds pretty awesome, too, but it is 2.5x the weight. So it stays home.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I bought my Spidervalve with a fairly new set of 5881's. I'm thinking that it still has a few years before I reach 5000 hours of play time.
                            My Picovalve isn't picky.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                              Is now a good time to mention how much Dave and I love our Fender Tone Masters?
                              Those are way heavier than my Kemper

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                              That Road King could have held them all!
                              Other than Rectifier tubes, I had enough to re-tube it twice over.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                                Those are way heavier than my Kemper

Other than Rectifier tubes, I had enough to re-tube it twice over.
                                I also use a Fractal FM3, which is probably lighter than a Kemper.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X