Boss Katana MKll Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, thats how I had mine set up.

I liked the amp, but that is the primary reason I sent it back.

OTH, maybe I am being a snob. Having easy access to all the cables is a dream come true. Want?

Comment

Is the software bluetooth or USB?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I would think Bluetooth is where it is going, so you could deep edit on a gig if the front panel doesn't get you the control you want. The head really does seem like a great value.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I would think Bluetooth is where it is going, so you could deep edit on a gig if the front panel doesn't get you the control you want. The head really does seem like a great value.
          Yep, it is a great value and sounds great. I have no need to use any pedals with it. I do need the footswitch.

Comment

^ I was surprised to see all the boost selections this amp has to offer. I have had this amp a couple of weeks now and still seeing stuff I never came across. The Boss Studio isn't cluttered. The menus are pretty easy to navigate.

Comment

If you haven't tried active pickups with this amp, you should. The Brown channel sounds absolutely amazing with spring reverb and a touch of digital delay. Really all the reverbs are quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

I was hoping my first time would be special.
                It will

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

Yep, it is a great value and sounds great. I have no need to use any pedals with it. I do need the footswitch.
                  Does the head come with the footswitch?

Comment

Here is where it starts getting expensive. None of the Katanas ship with the footswitch. It costs $149.99.

GA-FC: Foot Controller - Floor Control for Roland and BOSS amps

But dont forget your volume and expression pedals. Gonna want a couple of those. $79.99 each.

Dont want cheap plastic ones? Want something rugged and durable? Here you go. $139.99 each.

FV-500H/FV-500L: Volume Pedal - Industrial-Strength Power Pedal
                    Yikes. Does the amp have midi? I have a midi footswitch with 2 exp pedals.

Comment

The head does have a MIDI in jack. There is a little section on MIDI in the manual, which you can download on their page here:

https://www.boss.info/us/products/ka...d_mk2/support/
                      Oh ok, then I probably wouldn't need the footswitches and exp pedals.

Comment

There is an unaffiliated third-party app called Katana Librarian that is supposed to open up the field for Android phones and tablets. I have not tried it. It is said to work either through USB OTG or a Bluetooth adapter plugged into the Katana. (The only connectivity the Katana has from the factory is a good old-fashioned USB B jack on the rear panel.)
                        I'm using the Katana Librarian on a cheap Android tablet, that I'm also using for my partitions. So I have the tablet with me anyway.
                        I'm putting the tablet on the top of the amp, connected with an OTG cable. I really don't need bluetooth as it's working well that way. Way easier to use a touchscreen than a mouse IMHO. I struggled with the Boss app on my Mac but it is a positive experience for me with Librarian on Android. Highly suggested.

Comment

Oh ok, then I probably wouldn't need the footswitches and exp pedals.
                          Depending on the programmability of your midi footcontroller, no.

Comment

Yikes. Does the amp have midi? I have a midi footswitch with 2 exp pedals.
                            The katana head is based on the boss gt100 modeling and effects.

I have always thought it would be cheaper to buy a katana head and get a used GT100 into the loop than to buy the footswitches.

Comment

You have to wonder why plastic exp pedals are so expensive. Line 6 charges about that much, too.

Comment

Are the Katana and Waza Air using the same modeling technology? I am still loving the Waza Air for night time practice, I’ve got some ideas brewing for non-headphone practice without firing up a big rig. (The lunchbox head was one, this is another)
                                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X