No announcement yet.

Boss Katana MKll Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the class D amp's out there sound phenomenal. I have a few of the little chinese hi-fi ones that I use as small practice rigs through a pair of 8" cabs. When I hook them up to my modelers they sound great in stereo.

Then there's my Class D Crown XLS 2002 power amp which when driven by a decent preamp lacks nothing compared to class A/B hifi amps (which I have a bunch of). It has a great warm beefy punchy detailed sound. Class D has come a long way in recent years with none of the shortcomings they used to be associated with..

Still have'nt played through a Katana though..

They often sound great in demo's though...
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Katana is class A/B, Katana 50/100/Head are on a chip and Artist is discret components.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

That could be a handy form factor for a lot of people, a little Class D micro head with some of the Katana magic. Do you have a particular closed-back cabinet in mind? How would you feel about another modified or rehoused Katana 50 with a smaller cabinet? Still on the heavy side for carrying around?
        I have a 4x12 Peavey cab that sounds particularly good with my Rocktron Voodu Valve preamp and Peavey 60/60 power amp (I tried my Katana 50w with that cab but they are not at the same level, but that are not the same price either). But I would buy any 1x12 or 2x12 in a pinch if they sounds good.
        Rehousing is nice but it was to achieve a specific rock sound, at the expense of some other sounds (and because it was Covid and had nothing to do LOL). And I'm happy with what I achieve but we are still talking "Katana sound" and not "boutique amp sound". Anyway I like my Katana for what it is but I would still like to try a Waza 75w head.
        Last edited by donaldr; 05-13-2022, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Little Pigbacon - Since you have owned this amp awhile now what's your favorite channel and the settings you use? What about wattage and the cab resonance?

Comment

Finally picked up the footswitch. Bit on the pricey side but nice quality too. Still loving this amp. Play it all the time

Comment

Plugged the Katana up to my laptop today because it's been awhile since I been into the Studio and I wanted to replace a boost. For some reason it is saying I don't have the latest update installed. I know I am up to date. It's not letting me do anything. This sucks.

Comment

Do you have the latest version of the editing software? Many times that has to be updated like the firmware on the amp.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X