Peavey Transtube 100EFXHD Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Transtube 100EFXHD Head

Has anyone played or owned this Peavey head?

I found this amp today really cheap in great shape and was wondering if it was any good? Has many effects that look interesting. Not sure if it has a footswitch. Didn't have the time to plug it in today, but will check it out at some point if it hasn't sold by then. Here's the front of it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220428_140210.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	6169577

Front and back

Name:	b3a93bb8-a585-4f67-861d-ea85649ebadd_1.53bfd775701622333640902c66ed9e20.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	6169581

Name:	dsc_6311_1500x.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	6169580

Comment

I've never even seen that model before.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        I've never even seen that model before.
        Yeah I haven't either.

Comment

Really cheap says I would be bringing it home if there is nothing wrong with it. Worst case scenario you have a great serviceable backup.

Comment

Looks like it's from the red-stripe era (late 90s/early 2000's).
            Even if you don't 100% gel with the gain channel, that clean would make a superb pedal-platform amp.

And it might be one of the best looking Peaveys ever!

Comment

Even if you don't 100% gel with the gain channel, that clean would make a superb pedal-platform amp.

I noticed that it had a low and high gain input. That's something I haven't seen on an amp in a long time. Selectable 25, 50, and 100 watts and 3 cab settings. 4, 8, or 16 ohms.

Comment

The manual is still available.

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

The onboard digital effects point to something slightly newer, but the amp itself is basically the same IIRC. In terms of how it sounds, the ones I played were like a more powerful Bandit, IOW pretty cool if you like that kinda thing.
                  Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                  And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Haven't played that one, but it's similar to the supreme and XXL. And I've played a lot on those.... I bet it flat rocks!

They are built like tanks and hardly ever break.
                    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I just can't believe (being a Peavey) that we all aren't readily familiar with it.
                      I guess it must be newer or we old dogs would know it already,,,,,,,so maybe 2010ish.

Comment

It does have the features of an XXL, just has the digital effects added on. Peavey did that on a few models, but the Triple XXX 40 EFX is the only one I remember seeing. I cheated and checked the manual copyright page for this one - 03/2003.
                        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
                          Haven't played that one, but it's similar to the supreme and XXL. And I've played a lot on those.... I bet it flat rocks!

Is the XXL loud enough to play with a drummer on stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

Is the XXL loud enough to play with a drummer on stage?
                            Oh heck ya.
                            I giggled mine for a couple years. Never had to turn up past half way if I remember correctly.
                            https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

I played a Supreme in the early 2000s and remember it did sound great. I don't remember what model it was but I think it was one of the earlier ones. I never tried the XXL but have heard good things about it. Back then I played nothing but Randall. If this amp is anywhere as good as the Supremes I'm going to get it if nothing is wrong with it. And for $150, or possibly cheaper, this is hard to pass up.

Comment

Working...
                              X