Mesa Tremoverb Not Able To Solo Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Tremoverb Not Able To Solo Boost

So recently at our rehearsal spot me and the other guitarist were setting up our rehearsal rigs and I was setting up my 1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head and Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back and custom made footswitch to control all functions of the amp along with my Pedaltrain Mini pedalboard using a new Behringer POWER THE WORLD PSU-HSB-ALL All-Country DC 9 V/1.7 A Power Adapter with Daisy-Chain Connectors, Jumper Cables and All-Country Mains Adapters: The Maxon only was running to front of the amp and yes my Mesa has the Parallel loop and we did set the Mix to 100% and the Send about 1/2 way and still did not work The ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost into a MXR M234 Analog Chorus pedals running into the effects loop of the Mesa and the boost was not boosting at all and was making horrible buzzing, out of phase and alien noises??!! The amp is unboostable and we even tried without the Modtone and kicking in the effects loop on and off from the footswitch and nothing? I'm going to bring the amp home here for home use with a Bugera PS-1 power soak and the pedalboard with all the pedals minus the ModTone. I give up
    Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
    Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
    2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
    1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
    Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
    Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
    Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

You didn't say what position the effects rotary assignment knob is set to. So that would be my first thing to check.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      You didn't say what position the effects rotary assignment knob is set to. So that would be my first thing to check.
      It was set on Footswitch
      Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

The early Tremoverbs are notorious for the LDR issues in the switching systems. Had you ever used the loop with success in the past? Any chance a previous owner had attempted a loop mod and just didn't get it correct for full switching functions?

I had always assumed that a couple of my extra mesa switches from their other lines (probably Mark or Nomad) would work fine with any of their heads, but that wasn't the case and my tech modded one of them for me to use with my Tremoverb for channel switching.

I also have a stock switch from a 95 Dual that works fine with the Tremoverb, but I just wanted a backup and also to have one extra for loop switching if needed. So anyways they are picky to some degree about the switches because of the LDR system.

Comment

If you haven't already, try setting the rotary to auto for the channel you are using, or just auto orange&red, and this should remove the switching from the path to see if the problem is in the switching or just the loop in-general. Maybe the boost/chorus will work normally then.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            The early Tremoverbs are notorious for the LDR issues in the switching systems. Had you ever used the loop with success in the past? Any chance a previous owner had attempted a loop mod and just didn't get it correct for full switching functions?

I had always assumed that a couple of my extra mesa switches from their other lines (probably Mark or Nomad) would work fine with any of their heads, but that wasn't the case and my tech modded one of them for me to use with my Tremoverb for channel switching.

I also have a stock switch from a 95 Dual that works fine with the Tremoverb, but I just wanted a backup and also to have one extra for loop switching if needed. So anyways they are picky to some degree about the switches because of the LDR system.

I'm the original owner, bought new in 1995 from Akron Music on Howe Ave. In Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Comment

Working...
            X