No announcement yet.

Seymour’s signature on my 64 Fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seymour worked at the Fender Soundhouse on Tottenham Court Rd when he was in England - correct?

I definitely could see him with the skills to swap out a transformer in, or service a Fender amplifier.
    Last edited by JamesPaul; 06-29-2022, 12:40 PM.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

oh, im sure seymour could swap a tranny. probably has but im sure he wasnt doing that in the 80s when that tranny was made unless it was his personal amp

Comment

Agreed, I was thinking his amp, a test amp or a close friend's amp.

ARC - are you in the US?
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by ARC View Post
          (Salty edit erase!)

Did the convertible amps come with an 80s Fender OT? The code leads me to believe that’s what it is, unless I got that wrong. No idea about the convertible amps.
          Based on all the data here, that would be my guess.

It's not Seymour's sig.

Logically speaking, it is most likely a replacement OT pulled from a Seymour Duncan Convertible amp (which were made in the 80s), and someone at some point in time slapped a piece of masking tape on the OT and wrote "Seymour Duncan" etc for their own reference to remind them it came from an SD Convertible amp.

Verifying the SD Convertible amp line using that particular OT part number... would tell you for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Based on all the data here, that would be my guess.

It's not Seymour's sig.

Logically speaking, it is most likely a replacement OT pulled from a Seymour Duncan Convertible amp (which were made in the 80s), and someone at some point in time slapped a piece of masking tape on the OT and wrote "Seymour Duncan" etc for their own reference to remind them it came from an SD Convertible amp.

Verifying the SD Convertible amp line using that particular OT part number... would tell you for sure.
            Yeah that's why in post #7 I noted the taps are all different on the Fender vs the Duncan transformers, according to the drawings, so I'm not convinced they are interchangeable.

Comment

Working...
            X