Eminence Guit-Fiddle Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminence Guit-Fiddle Speaker

Anybody try the Eminence Guitar-Fiddle Speaker?

Looking at maybe putting one in my 2x12 for my Yamaha THR100HD. Currently have it loaded with 2 Eminence Texas Heat speakers but I'd like to have a different voicing for one channel. I'm a big fan of Eminence speakers--saw this one and was intrigued.

seems like a warm fat speaker, might have to check one out!

Comment

Looks interesting. I guess you'll have to tell us.

Comment

Weird name though. Are they not all guitar speakers?,,,,,,,,unless E makes some PA speakers too, which would also usually pass a guitar signal, albeit miced.

Comment

they do make pa speakers, and bass speakers too. this is a guitar-fiddle speaker which is the first time ive heard of one specifically designed for fiddle

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            they do make pa speakers, and bass speakers too. this is a guitar-fiddle speaker which is the first time ive heard of one specifically designed for fiddle
            Oh ok , I thought they were just using the term as a redneck way of saying guitar lol. People around here always ask me "hey man you still play the geetar?", and they also sometimes call it a guit-fiddle.

Comment

yeah, i know the term and even use it once in a blue moon, but this is actually voiced to warm up the sometimes shrill high end of a fiddle which can be ****in painful lol

Comment

They sound really interesting but I do not have anything I could put it in. I am very happy with what I have in my cabs.

Comment

Resurrecting an old thread...just ordered one to put in my 2x12 currently loaded with 2 Texas Heat speakers. Will try to get a good sample of the differences.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                    Resurrecting an old thread...just ordered one to put in my 2x12 currently loaded with 2 Texas Heat speakers. Will try to get a good sample of the differences.
                    Surprised that you don't try a Swamp Thang with the Texas Heat.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                      Surprised that you don't try a Swamp Thang with the Texas Heat.

I've never tried a Swamp Thang–definitely need to try that one soon! From comparison videos I've seen/heard of the Swamp Thang v Texas Heat, the Swamp Thang sounds brighter and more open (probably why I've never gone down that road...I'm typically trying to tame the brightness of my Strats and Teles without really affecting the .)

The dual Texas Heat has worked great with my THR100HD with the last band I was gigging with as I really wanted two similar channels for clean and overdrive. Not currently gigging and was intrigued by the Guit-Fiddle description so I thought trying a different speaker as I know my "control" clean on the THR100HD.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post

I've never tried a Swamp Thang–definitely need to try that one soon! From comparison videos I've seen/heard of the Swamp Thang v Texas Heat, the Swamp Thang sounds brighter and more open (probably why I've never gone down that road...I'm typically trying to tame the brightness of my Strats and Teles without really affecting the .)

The dual Texas Heat has worked great with my THR100HD with the last band I was gigging with as I really wanted two similar channels for clean and overdrive. Not currently gigging and was intrigued by the Guit-Fiddle description so I thought trying a different speaker as I know my "control" clean on the THR100HD.
                        I have the two paired in a ported 2x12. They complement each other well, giving a 3D sort of response from a single cabinet. And at 150 watts a piece, I'm not afraid to crank a 200 watt SS head or a 100 watt tube head through them.

Comment

Working...
                        X