X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SD Powerstage 200 !!!! .

Amazing !!!! .... totally speechless
    Anyone tried one yet ?

Yeah! The whole Power Stage line should be more popular than it is.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Do these have soft tapers on the volume pots at low levels? Most amps of that magnitude are instantly ball-crushing loud, so much so that it is hard to get it at guitar-only practice levels when desired.

Comment

Do you mean audio taper pots so they are controllable at low levels? Never hear "soft" taper before. I would assume this type of amp would, it would really limit it's usefulness not to. I think amp designers have gotten better at this, even the JCM900s were much more controllable than the previous 800s. I remember getting my first 900 and thinking it wasn't as loud as my 800, but it just needed to be turned up more.

Comment

I know it is pretty easy to get them quiet...and they get really loud, too.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            Do you mean audio taper pots so they are controllable at low levels? Never hear "soft" taper before. I would assume this type of amp would, it would really limit it's usefulness not to. I think amp designers have gotten better at this, even the JCM900s were much more controllable than the previous 800s. I remember getting my first 900 and thinking it wasn't as loud as my 800, but it just needed to be turned up more.
            Yes I just meant that most 200w amps go from 0 to 60mph in a blink. You practically have to blow on the volume to not go straight to 60. That's what I meant by "soft".

Comment

Understood, I would expect that was a design requirement for those.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Yeah! The whole Power Stage line should be more popular than it is.
                If it isn't popular now ( the Power Stage Series ), it will be in the future.
                Some amps, guitars and effects aren't very popular when they are first released.

Just like the Crate Power Block was over looked when they first came out .

Funny lots of people are barely realizing how great Carvin amps were ( are ), they used to get slagged by Marshall and Mesa Boogie owners.

Time always tells !!!!

Comment

So many people are using modelers into non-powered cabs.

Comment

Originally posted by maug2122 View Post

If it isn't popular now ( the Power Stage Series ), it will be in the future.
                    Some amps, guitars and effects aren't very popular when they are first released.

Just like the Crate Power Block was over looked when they first came out .

Funny lots of people are barely realizing how great Carvin amps were ( are ), they used to get slagged by Marshall and Mesa Boogie owners.

Time always tells !!!!
                    I still have mine for the exact reason the PS was built for. Most people with PBs know how useful and good they are.
                    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I use a SD Powerstage 170 for driving a second cabinet and it's run in stereo with my Deluxe. It's cool and does the job!
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        I use a SD Powerstage 170 for driving a second cabinet and it's run in stereo with my Deluxe. It's cool and does the job!
                        Would love to see that, if you have a pic.

Comment

FYI, Sweetwater will soon have the new PowerStage 100.

Comment

Originally posted by McD View Post

Would love to see that, if you have a pic.
                            Yeah, I can do that. I go rid of my Mesa MkV head live because ultimately my 68 Deluxe and Powerstage feeding V30s in stereo has serious mojo
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I was going to get one of those, but I ended up getting a Mooer 20W tube poweramp because a. it's tube, b. I figured I could use less watts since I'm probably going to be using it 99% at home. I bet the Duncan would've sounded better at low volumes too. :/

Comment

Working...
                              X