Amp Or Not 3 Metal Edition (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Or Not 3 Metal Edition (Poll)

I'll occasionally throw up a clip and see if you can guess if it's a real amp or software amp.

Remember, every clip will have some kind of production on it (read: studio sauce)... so it's "mix ready".

I'll eventually reveal the answer.

Amp Or Not 3 Metal Edition (Megadeth - Holy Wars):

And it was Positive Grid's BIAS plugin; using their Boogie Mk 2c++ preset!
    Real Amp
    50.00%
    Software Amp
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by LLL; 07-05-2022, 09:48 AM.

Just computer speakers on this listen, but sounded real!
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Too late to blast it as loud as I want, but it is sounding like a real amp to me.

NegativeEase you gotta vote man!
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
        Too late to blast it as loud as I want, but it is sounding like a real amp to me.

Good point! I did -I'll follow up in the studio tomorrow and see if I feel the same, I held up in bed with my leg in a brace and ice right now.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

​​​​​​​Since it's only miniscus surgery, I can walk a bit tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

​​​​​​​Since it's only miniscus surgery, I can walk a bit tomorrow.
            My bad. I forgot due to the surgery you might not be using your preferred equipment. You can have a pass at my expense if you think differently when you can get there. Do not rush the walking!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

My bad. I forgot due to the surgery you might not be using your preferred equipment. You can have a pass at my expense if you think differently when you can get there. Do not rush the walking!
              Haha. thanks man! I think if I built more IRs myself -I'd pick up on this stuff better!

Comment

If that's a real amp it's running a bunch of clip diodes. I say that is NOT a real tube amp!
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  If that's a real amp it's running a bunch of clip diodes. I say that is NOT a real tube amp!
                  You gotta vote to win the big prize!

Comment

I think the left channel is an amp and the right is a modeler, or vice versa. I'm inclined to say left was amp as it might be easier to get feedback, unless he used a modeler and cranked his monitors to get the feedback. I don't think both left and right channels are the same tech.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                      I think the left channel is an amp and the right is a modeler, or vice versa. I'm inclined to say left was amp as it might be easier to get feedback, unless he used a modeler and cranked his monitors to get the feedback. I don't think both left and right channels are the same tech.
                      No mixing technologies in these clips. They're either real amp or software. If I did mixing, there would have to be a vote option for it.

Comment

It's 4th of July weekend, so I'll stretch this one out some.

And remember, don't lose any fingers in freak fireworks accidents!

Comment

Even when Bros whine, "I need more time."

Well, ultimately that just gives you time for #4. I am confident this effort consumes your time, and thankful that you share/give us the opportunity to play along.

Comment

The answer is revealed...

More coming, just have to slap em up

Comment

If it is a real amp, I assume you will be running through your Two Note load and IRs?

Comment

Working...
                              X