Randall RG1003H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RG1003H

Got a Randall RG1003 head coming in a few days. I love anything Randall. I have an older early 2000s RG G2 Series 2×12 combo that's been my main amp forever. Looking forward in running this head through my 2×12 Marshall and see if there is much a difference in the newer models. Other than not having a built in chorus they look similar. Anyone have the RG1003H?

Here it is...

Click image for larger version

Name:	USM-RG1003H_Front-523e2fac60838c67c840a4645125db9a.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	6191407

Comment

Have you used this amp before? If so have you compared it to the Randall 120w rx head?

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        Have you used this amp before? If so have you compared it to the Randall 120w rx head?
        No I haven't played this RG model before, or 120RX head. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on it when I get a few days with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
          I had an orange stripe Randall RG120 solid state I loved. I currently have a Randall 4x10 Commander IV, but I miss the RG120 I should have never sold it. Here is me using the RG120 live.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
            Got a Randall RG1003 head coming in a few days. I love anything Randall. I have an older early 2000s RG G2 Series 2×12 combo that's been my main amp forever. Looking forward in running this head through my 2×12 Marshall and see if there is much a difference in the newer models. Other than not having a built in chorus they look similar. Anyone have the RG1003H?
            RG or RH?
            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post

RG or RH?
              In the photo posted, it says RG.
              Mine is an RH. Sorry I can't find a better photo right now.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                In the photo posted, it says RG.
                Mine is an RH. Sorry I can't find a better photo right now.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

I had the Rh200G2. One of the best “plug in and play” heads for cheap you can get. Real tight, really versatile with the contour knob. It served me very well for a long time. Even today I’d recommend it to any metal guitarist who wants a decent rig on a budget over just about anything else. I only sold it because 3 all tube amps including 2 halfstacks is definitely enough.
                The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

This amp is out for delivery. And I also picked up a Randall 8 inch mini cab to use with my Orange Micro Dark.

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	6192099

Comment

This amp is out for delivery. And I also picked up a Randall 8 inch mini cab to use with my Orange Micro Dark.

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	6192099
                    They’re good those Randall cabs. I got a 1x12. It’s oversized with an upward angled speaker mount, rubber feet with a V30 inside. I think it’s the Diablo cab.

It’s really handy to pair with my dual rec if I want to blend it with another rig and space is at a premium, or with another 1x12 on top, a mini stack for small venues.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post

They’re good those Randall cabs. I got a 1x12. It’s oversized with an upward angled speaker mount, rubber feet with a V30 inside. I think it’s the Diablo cab.

It’s really handy to pair with my dual rec if I want to blend it with another rig and space is at a premium, or with another 1x12 on top, a mini stack for small venues.
                      Those Diablo cabs with V30s are great. I played through one before. I almost pulled the trigger on another 2×12 while it was on sale, but got the Randall mini for $89. Still might get the 2×12 at some point.

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	6192103

Comment

Those Diablo cabs with V30s are great. I played through one before. I almost pulled the trigger on another 2×12 while it was on sale, but got the Randall mini for $89. Still might get the 2×12 at some point.

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	6192103
                        Can you still get those Randall 2x12s for a good price? People are raving about the Harley Benton 2x12s because it’s 2 V30s for less than you’d spend on the speakers alone (so if the cab doesn’t turn out to be great, you’ve still got a pair of V30s) but if that Randall is still decently priced, it’s a no brainer.

They’re total sleeper cabinets. Being comparatively oversized, they sound amazing, low-end really holds together cranked up and the heavy hardware from what I can tell you so far years down the line, is as solid as it looks. I’ve seen more than a few studio YouTube channels plug the HB but they’re using them at studio volume (and I have some insider info that some of them have some kind of deal where they get to keep it in exchange for the plug or get a percentage as long as they keep mentioning them.)

I haven’t heard or tried the HB cranked but I don’t have a great feeling about them holding up at gig volumes. The Randall does though. If you find the 2x12 V30 Diavlos still for sale, chuck me a link too.

Comment

AMS has the Diavlo.
                          Order your Randall RD212 V30 Diavlo Angled Guitar Speaker Cabinet 2x12 120 Watts from AMS and enjoy 0% Interest Payment Plans, Free Shipping, Free Extended Warranty & 45 Day Money Back Guarantee.

Comment

Man I so wish I had kept my old RG120. It was uber reliable and sounded great.

Good luck with the amp
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                            X