Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Mesa Boogie .50 Cal Plus FX loop

Is it series or parallel ?

I haven't seen a Plus, but my friend's old .50 Cal had a series loop. AFAIK all of the Mark series (and similar) amps from that period had serial loops, and I don't recall seeing one before the 3-channel Rectifiers.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Mine was Parallel if I remember right. One of those amps i shouldn't have sold. Wanted more control of the 2 channels so sold my .50 plus and bought a DC 5 then hated the DC 5.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
        I haven't seen a Plus, but my friend's old .50 Cal had a series loop. AFAIK all of the Mark series (and similar) amps from that period had serial loops, and I don't recall seeing one before the 3-channel Rectifiers.
        Most of the 2-channel Rectifier series was parallel. Unfortunately it was about 93 when they changed from serial to parallel. I had my 2-channels (95 and 99) modded to the original 92/93 serial specs with the addition of a send-level bypass toggle to take the place of the "mix" knob. There isn't a big difference between the bypass and just having the send-level at max, but it is a bit crisper and clearer with a hair more punch. Typically I use my send-level to dampen the output, and it's definitely needed when using certain pedals unless you use the channel volume very low.

Comment

My Blue Angel is parallel. Mesa seems to like those.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

There was one local ive made 2 offers the guy has un-realistic expectations. Hard pass.
            I had read somewhere on the net its a parallel loop but i don't really know.

Comment

Working...
            X