Celestion intrigue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion intrigue.

I was farting around on YouTube the other day and came across this awesome 6 hour speaker video...

After listening for hours to all these speakers I was really intrigued by 2 that really sounded, in my opinion, vastly different than the typical T-75, v30, k100, green/creamback that I'm used to critiquing.

the A-type and the Neo 250 Copperbacks we're just so much different in a seemingly good way I wanted to ask if you guys have any input and experience with either of them.
    ​​​​​​
    not that I need to drop more money on speakers, but I may if I get the right mind of feedback. I'm always looking for a new or different tone to record or write music with.

I like to fancy myself a speaker nerd at times.
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

I don't have experience with those particular speakers, but you might want to bookmark the video segments with those speakers and come back and listen to them again in isolation on another day and see if you still feel the same way. 6 hours is serious ear fatigue for even the best golden eared producer. You might be liking them just because they are different after 6 hours of Celestion mids. There's a reason Greenbacks, v30s, T75s, etc. have had microphones put on them for 50 years. These two, being different, might be designed to solve a peculiar problem (cabinet design, particular amp or usage, e.g. full-range speaker?). Might want to confirm if you have that same problem before dropping the coin.

Comment

Man, that video really drives home how much I like the V30, Greenback, and Alnico Blue. They just sound right for lower gain sounds.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have the A -Types in my Fender Quad. I have always used this amp for metal, so I love the low-end thump of the A-Types in this amp. They are also excellent for cleans. I am not sure how they would sound in a closed cab or a British amp. For this American application, they sound excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          I don't have experience with those particular speakers, but you might want to bookmark the video segments with those speakers and come back and listen to them again in isolation on another day and see if you still feel the same way. 6 hours is serious ear fatigue for even the best golden eared producer. You might be liking them just because they are different after 6 hours of Celestion mids. There's a reason Greenbacks, v30s, T75s, etc. have had microphones put on them for 50 years. These two, being different, might be designed to solve a peculiar problem (cabinet design, particular amp or usage, e.g. full-range speaker?). Might want to confirm if you have that same problem before dropping the coin.
          Oh I didn't listen to the whole thing, I skipped right to the high gain stuff,and listened to that part a few times. I don't give a rip about anything else ha ha.

And don't get me wrong, guys, I absolutely LUV my V30s, T-75s, K100s and the Manowars I am rocking at the moment, I think they're brutally perfect!

I just always like to learn new stuff and try new sounds out.
          Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 01-05-2023, 09:39 PM.
          https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
          X