Loving the Egnater rebel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving the Egnater rebel

I got this amp for $600 at black Friday and this is the coolest amp I've ever had. It sounds awesome, 2 channel 30 watt amp with reverb with spillover, alot of gain, clean channel sounds like a fender, OD channel is kinda unique but what sets the amp apart is the tube mix function. It has a pair of EL84 and a pair of 6V6's and I can use them separately or mix them in different amounts and I can set each channel anywhere between 1-30 watts for different playing response too. This amp is freaking awesome. I can get so many great tones by just adjusting the tube mix and wattage. I would have never thought to try an Egnater if it wasn't on sale and I'm very satisfied I did. I've been checking out other Egnater amps and I want to get a Renegade! They are out if production (I don't know why) but it is the big brother to this amp and is 65 watts with power reduction to 18 watts with a pair of EL34 and a pair of 6L6's with a tube mix for each channel (the rebel only has 1) and a second master volume control and a master presence and resonance which the rebel is lacking. This sounds like a totally badass amp I don't know why they don't make them anymore but I'm going to try to get one used.

Anyways I'm just saying that Egnater makes some pretty tight amps you guys should check one out.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

I've rocked the Vengeance for a few years, it has more bells and whistles than any amp I've ever owned.
    I'm glad you like your rebel. I haven't played one.

I think the EG-heads are onto a little well kept secret. And I'm surprised they didn't really ever take off.

If I ever see another Armageddon for sale, I may have to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 01-14-2023, 03:01 PM.
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I've been GAS'ing for a Tweaker ever since I read about them. Cool amps. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        I've been GAS'ing for a Tweaker ever since I read about them. Cool amps. Enjoy.
        I tried one of the tweakers, they're voiced nicely but don't have a huge amount of gain on tap.
        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Egnater makes some cool amps and the Rebel 30 is a great gigging amp for the average guitarist. I worked at a store that sold them (10 yrs ago) and know a couple people who own them. I tried trading my Traynor YCS for a Tweaker 15w head but wanted the guy to add a llittle cash, which he didn't. Ended up trading for a LP copy instead. Enjoy yours and let me know if you ever want to sell it,
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

I love my Egnater Rebel too. Bought the 20 watt version 5 years ago, and that was practically the end of my search. I haven't really got any need nor desire to search new amps since, as it does everything really well I might want to do.

Only thing is that, 20 doesn't have the hi gain switch 30 does. I don't really do that heavy stuff that much and have effectively a mid boost in front of it, which gives just enough oomph for me around 4 o'clock, so that's not a big deal. Dialing gain too high gets it flubby in my opinion, extra gain in front sounds better.

V1 and V2 tubes make big difference.

BTW that 20 watt version has same tubes as 30 W and it's ridiculously loud. One category up in loudness from Orange TT I had before despite supposedly same wattage.
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
              I love my Egnater Rebel too. Bought the 20 watt version 5 years ago, and that was practically the end of my search. I haven't really got any need nor desire to search new amps since, as it does everything really well I might want to do.

Only thing is that, 20 doesn't have the hi gain switch 30 does. I don't really do that heavy stuff that much and have effectively a mid boost in front of it, which gives just enough oomph for me around 4 o'clock, so that's not a big deal. Dialing gain too high gets it flubby in my opinion, extra gain in front sounds better.

V1 and V2 tubes make big difference.

BTW that 20 watt version has same tubes as 30 W and it's ridiculously loud. One category up in loudness from Orange TT I had before despite supposedly same wattage.
              I'm very satisfied with mine too. My 30 watt is a Mark ii version. They raised the gain ALOT for the new version and more headroom. I can set each channel anywhere between 1-30watts and I usually leave each channel set on 15 watts right in the middle. I usually keep my tube mix more towards the EL84 side but about 5 clicks up from the solo EL84.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

I'm very satisfied with mine too. My 30 watt is a Mark ii version. They raised the gain ALOT for the new version and more headroom. I can set each channel anywhere between 1-30watts and I usually leave each channel set on 15 watts right in the middle. I usually keep my tube mix more towards the EL84 side but about 5 clicks up from the solo EL84.
                I prefer mine with tube mix exactly middle, or maybe little on 6V6 side depending on what I do. This balances well with Watt setting at full. Just makes it more gritty.

The watt setting lower it sounds and feels softer, so I understand you'd want it more on EL84 as it does make it tighter.
                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                X