What Model Dr Z Is This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Model Dr Z Is This?

I've been looking over the Z website, can't seem to figure it out what amp Brad's using in this video. Any Dr Z aficionado's?

it says Z-wreck on it.

Comment

id assume its a proto type zwreck

Comment

In his rig run down, he uses 2 custom-made Z-wrecks and at least one Z-verb, all heads. I would be willing to bet it's a custom Z-wreck combo, to use for smaller gigs.

Comment

Thanks guys! I was thinking Z Wreck but the combo has controls on the top. But as you've said, probably custom made.

Comment

The Z-Wreck is the amp Dr. Z made for Brad Paisley and is more or less a Trainwreck Rocket, an AC30-inspired preamp design utilizing only the top boost input section. Ken's Rocket used a different output transformer than an AC30, and the power supply was also tweaked. Dr. Z's is very similar in that aspect.

Dr. Z's design uses a dual-tap power transformer with two B+ taps and a half-power switch. That's the major difference. As for what they really collaborated on, I can't say. There is not much difference between the Rocket and the Z-Wreck other than the power section. There are now Ceriatone versions of it out there if you want to get into one a little cheaper.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 7.12.37 PM.png
Views:	80
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	6221066

Comment

Working...
              X