banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY! My first tube amp. (Marshall content & little review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FINALLY! My first tube amp. (Marshall content & little review)

Awesome. Probably too many knobs for me, but it sounds like a pretty good amp. Great review.
    It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

hmm

300 euro is REALY not bad for that cab ..

i paid around 150 for the speakers alone .. and the box is pissing me off cos the ******* carpenter didnt make the front baffle solid and the glue loosened and now there are gaps between the wood pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
        hmm

300 euro is REALY not bad for that cab ..

i paid around 150 for the speakers alone .. and the box is pissing me off cos the ******* carpenter didnt make the front baffle solid and the glue loosened and now there are gaps between the wood pieces
        My cab seems to be of good quality as far as I can tell... Framus is actually quite well known to have good craftmanship at quite low prices.

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Good to see another tone success story - helped along by 3 of Seymour's best, of course! It's also cool to show that even a Squier Strat, with the right surroundings, can make people happy...
          Colossians 1:15

Originally posted by Gr8Scott
          I absolutely have no doubt that Aceman has a glitter covered pony head on a stick that he occasionally saddles and rides around his office in full aceman regalia screaming like a cowboy on a meth binge just because the mood strikes him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kommerzbassist
            My cab seems to be of good quality as far as I can tell... Framus is actually quite well known to have good craftmanship at quite low prices.
            that i agree.. but i didnt know those cabs are just a measly 300 .. if i knew that (sice the bums at the local shop couldnt tell me.. even though they got a framus dealership) i would have bought the cab instead of going through getting my own built

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbojsr
              Good to see another tone success story - helped along by 3 of Seymour's best, of course! It's also cool to show that even a Squier Strat, with the right surroundings, can make people happy...
              Man I love that guitar! I'll post some pics of it too when I can get my mothe's camera (next week).

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Well, your mother is rather occupied when she's sleeping with me, so you might have to wait a while.

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
                Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
                Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
                Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
                Framus FR212 CB cabinet
                Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
                Line6 Toneport UX2
                Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Sune
                  Well, your mother is rather occupied when she's sleeping with me, so you might have to wait a while.
                  Wow, didn't think you'd ever sink sooo deep... but well, if you can't find better ones, go on... have... fun...

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
                    Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
                    Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
                    Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
                    Framus FR212 CB cabinet
                    Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
                    Line6 Toneport UX2
                    Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

I think I'd rather have the TSL 60 like you got, over the TSL 100, since it actually gets the power tubes warmed up when you turn it up to 3+.
                      I've plugged into that amp a couple times, and was able to get it dialed in nicely, plus I think it sounds best with Vin 30's.

Also, I think the TSL and DSL have bias points on the back of the amp, so if you change tubes down the road, all you'll have to do is hook up a voltmeter to it, and set it wherever Marshall suggests.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Much better than my first toooob amp!!! Congrats bro.
                        I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                          I think I'd rather have the TSL 60 like you got, over the TSL 100, since it actually gets the power tubes warmed up when you turn it up to 3+.
                          I've plugged into that amp a couple times, and was able to get it dialed in nicely, plus I think it sounds best with Vin 30's.

Also, I think the TSL and DSL have bias points on the back of the amp, so if you change tubes down the road, all you'll have to do is hook up a voltmeter to it, and set it wherever Marshall suggests.
                          It has a little opening on the back that has a rubber cover and reads "Do not remove cover - test use only"... I think that's this biasing spot.

As for the volume, it really plays nice at 3+, although I prefer it at 5.

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Working...
                          X