Why So Many Tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why So Many Tubes?

I saw this Accordion amplifier on Craigslist and it has a lot of tubes. It looks like they are labeled by chords with up to five tubes per chord. Why so many tubes?

Attached Files

It is a .Cordovox Amp It looks like it has 12 different preamps. Cool. I just looked up the amp online and from what I can see, there were different preamps for different chords.Strange!? I would grab that amp if it were not too expensive. It would be cool if it were possible to cascade all or some of those preamps.

Comment

Logic board.

78 tubes x $20 per = only cost you $1560 bucks to retube.
      Such a deal.
      Last edited by JMP/HBE; 07-31-2023, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Those don't look like amplifiers. The amplifier is on the left near the speakers. The chord valves are performing some other function.

Comment

Are these individual notes and the accordion is trigging the valves on/off as switches?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Are these individual notes and the accordion is trigging the valves on/off as switches?
            Kinda sorta in the ballpark but not really.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe each key on the accordion has a sensor that needs its own input tube.

Comment

I could be wrong, but with that many tubes .... you could probably fry chicken in the chassis.

And I though my Carvin Quad X had 6 tubes too many !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X