gear pics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear pics....

Goofing off with the camera this morning.... Decided to take some some pics from our practice room in the garage....We recorded last night and I had a VHT Pitbull I was thinking about using, but decided to stick with my modded marshall afterall......

pics of three of my babies....'82 and '83 Ibanez DII and the '56 LP Junior.....(o.k. before you say anything, my singer plays the LP and purple is her favorite color.....whatever she wants, she usually gets... )

Jeff Seal
    ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
    www.houstonamprepair.com

Re: gear pics....

Those Ibanez DII's are absolutely gorgeous. Very nice. I think I would have cried had they been damaged by the hurricane.

Are both the Marshalls the same model and modded?

Comment

Man those Ibies are cool
      Nice amps

Comment

How do you like the VHT? I have a 100CL and like it quite a bit. The reverb sucks but I am getting that modded today.....
        MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

Erik, both of the Marshall's are 2210's, the top one ('89) is only slightly modded and still has the original PCB.....(I usually gig with this one as it also has other mods for MV boost and my chorus pedal mounted on the back grill....) The one below it has been converted to PTP.....

I have 5 Ibanez Destroyer II's ('81 - '84) and a '89 Gibson Explorer...... i've gotten so used to resting my arm on the "hump" on these guitars, that it's weird playing anything else. The double neck took some getting used to, but it's getting easier...

JS
          ..lots and lots of toys!

"I am Phil"....
          www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Jeff,

Very nice brother!

that PTP job looks great!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Love that ptp thing you did

Comment

Agreed. That PTP does look great. Wow.

Now I know who's got all the DII's. I've been looking around here and haven't seen any in the shops. I'd like to find a black one with cream binding like Phil Collen of Def Leppard had in the early 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by RGN
                  How do you like the VHT? I have a 100CL and like it quite a bit. The reverb sucks but I am getting that modded today.....
                  The Pitbull remains as one of my favorite amps currently available....(plus which Steve F. has the right attitude about taking care of his customers!!!...cool dude!) I highly recommend VHT's......well at least until my amps are done....

I decided not to use the VHT as it's voiced slightly more towards "smoother" OD tones. Don't get me wrong, it sounded killer, just not for the one song we were working on which needed a little "rougher" edge.....all in all it's like choosing which guitar to play....they're all great, but I can only play one at one time...

JS
                  ..lots and lots of toys!

"I am Phil"....
                  www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Those are JCM900 cabs right? And why do they have wheels on when they're stacked?

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

ibanez destroyer

Comment

Cool jam room pics, and I'd love to have that Marshall.

I remember when I was a kid, I'd always see the Ibanez ad for the black/3 double cream Ibanez Destroyer Phil Collen used. I wanted one. Have you ever come across one?
                        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH
                          Agreed. That PTP does look great. Wow.

Now I know who's got all the DII's. I've been looking around here and haven't seen any in the shops. I'd like to find a black one with cream binding like Phil Collen of Def Leppard had in the early 80's.
                          Actually, those are pretty easy to find...there are two on flea-bay right now... The hardest one's to find and the most desirable are the mahogany bodied Ibanez's...... if you look at the pics above you'll notice one has the cream binding all the way up the neck and around the headstock...... this is a basswood body, as are all the PC models...... the one that doesn't have the binding is mahogany and has a clear/red finish on the back..(see first pic and look at the back side of the guitars) These have more sustain to them and unfortunately I only have one of these....

JS
                          ..lots and lots of toys!

"I am Phil"....
                          www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Seal
                            Actually, those are pretty easy to find...there are two on flea-bay right now... The hardest one's to find and the most desirable are the mahogany bodied Ibanez's...... if you look at the pics above you'll notice one has the cream binding all the way up the neck and around the headstock...... this is a basswood body, as are all the PC models...... the one that doesn't have the binding is mahogany and has a clear/red finish on the back..(see first pic and look at the back side of the guitars) These have more sustain to them and unfortunately I only have one of these....

JS
                            Now that I look at them again, I can see the difference right away. I much prefer mahogany on any explorer type guitar. It just sounds so much nicer. Certain shapes require a certain wood. Strats sound great in ash or alder. Mahogany is OK too but then it's not a Strat. Basswood is a pretty nice wood but it's gotta have the maple cap to sound right to my ears. Without it the tone is all mush to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kommerzbassist
                              Those are JCM900 cabs right? And why do they have wheels on when they're stacked?
                              Nope...800 cabs.....they have sockets for the caster's on the top of the 1960b cabs..pretty standard Marshall setup...removing the wheels is not necessary

I have 4 -412's and one 212 plus 4 2210's and one 2205 (white).....hmmm.... now that would be a cool pic!...

JS
                              ..lots and lots of toys!

"I am Phil"....
                              www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Working...
                              X