banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have the Tweed... need speaker recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have the Tweed... need speaker recommendations.

I have a Mesa California Tweed. 1/10/20 watts. 10" Jensen. By itself it's lovely. My Greenback 2x12 open cab works nicely with it. My V30 closed cab not so much. Obviously a P type Jensen is a logical candidate. Any favorites for a 6V6 Tweed rig for an auxiliary 2x12 open or closed? The basic ballpark I'm shooting for is like Walsh/Felder circa '77. There will be no metal involved and I have plenty of weapons for that if needs be.

I love the Celetrion Fullback in my tweed, but they don't make a 10, and I am sure the tone stacks in our amps are wildly different.

Comment

If you are talking replacing the 2x12s in the closed back to work the 10" Jensen, maybe try the Celestion G12H 70th Anniversary or the G12M-50hz cone (might have to look NOS or used - not sure they make it anymore). IME they have some warmth to them that an open back has. V30s in closed back make for pretty punchy mids. 10-inchers are kind of boxy to my ears, but in open back they have a touch of girth. Nothing's really going to match it, but a number of options might work with it. Some other options might be Celestion Alnico Blues, or Weber BlueDog / BluePup speakers, which will get you back to the boxy Jenson Fender sound a bit I think.

Comment

A pair of C-Rex's.
        Thank me later.

Comment

I used to have a C Rex in my tweed deluxe and really liked it. Now I have an Alnico Blue and I love it. In my Stomp I have one of each and it works well

Comment

Can you imagine an Alinco Blue paired with a C-Rex?

Comment

A winner perhaps? I shall investigate with full vigor! Thanks chaps. Keep 'em coming if you all like. I recently upgraded my www connection and am looking to fully dominate verizon's bandwidth so Aceman can't look at dirty pictures when he should be practicing.

Comment

My buddy has Weber in his ... I'll ask what it is -but damn it is other worldly
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  Can you imagine an Alinco Blue paired with a C-Rex?
                  https://www.tedweber.com/10a150-h/

https://www.tedweber.com/10v-a-s/
                  Last edited by idsnowdog; 09-13-2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

10" alnico gold and creamback. The blended tone should sound fantastic.

Comment

I have an Emminence Alessandro GA59 in my tweed Dlux and it’s fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                      X