Fender Super Sonic reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super Sonic reverb

My Fender Super Sonic reverb doesn't work. I've checked the spring tray and changed the valve (12AT7) but no joy. Please help.

Welcome to the forum!

When you say it 'doesn't work', what does that mean? No sound at all? Terrible sound? What's going on with it? We have a number of people here who are great at troubleshooting tube amps, but they will most likely need more information.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you have another reverb tank I would try that first if not, make sure the leads from the head to the tank are making a solid connection. I have been playing Fender amps for years and have had the RCA connectors for the reverb tank fail in the past.

Comment

I've had tanks just fail before, too. It was a connection inside the tank. I eventually just replaced the whole tank, though since I wanted a longer decay than what I had (it was a Mesa amp).
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Oh i took the tank.out of my Carvin Belair once

tightened the screws too tight when i mounted it

It preesed the springs against the bottom of the cabinet

Loosen the screws on the tank
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
          X