Help!!! Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! Please!!!

Hi, and thank you for adding me to the group…. I know this is the most basic of questions so please bear with me - I’ve recently inherited a Convertible 100 in a case on wheels (so it looks in good condition), and the limit of my knowledge is that it’s an amp. I have no idea what to do with it

So my question is, I’d really like it to go to someone who would appreciate it but I don’t know whether it’s a desirable thing these days and where to find people who might like to own it?

Many thanks for anything you can tell me

It is a desirable amp for many people. I would say it goes for $600-$800, depending on the condition. If the road case is nice, it could pull in a couple of hundred dollars more guessing it is a custom case made for that amp. A road case tells me it was gigged/toured with so look for some markings that tells us who the guitarist is that played the amp. If it is a notable person, the amp could go for more. Nice find and good luck with it.

As far as finding people that would want the amp. I would suggest Reverb.com or eBay. DO NOT TAKE IT TO A MUSIC STORE OR PAWN SHOP TO SELL. They will at most give 60% of the amp's value.
    Last edited by Securb; 09-19-2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

You may find a buyer to pay a fair price here. There are music resale sites, like Reverb, that might also be a good platform. Average price right now is 700-1000. You'd get more with a flight case- or sell the flight case separately and get more for that.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you both very much for your responses, I really appreciate that you took the time.
        I smiled at the notable person part, to anyone else he wasn’t notable at all but he was my father . He was in a band for as far back as I can remember and once was support act for the Rolling Stones way back in the 60’s. Apart from that the amp would have seen the inside of many a dive bar!
        So Reverb or eBay it is then!
        Many thanks once again for your expert insight

Comment

Working...
        X