PRS MT100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS MT100

Sounds a whole lot like the MT 15 to me...just in a bigger package..

Same nice thick saturated gain, very rich/juicy sounding like the 15W amp. I like it. Alway's liked the little one too and this is actually pretty similar which is a good thing IMO..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

I've wanted to pick one of the MT15's for a while, but the whole Tremonti association has stopped me. They sound great in all the clips, though.

Comment

I've spent a decent amount of time with the MT 15. I'd have bought one if I could've found one for a decent price locally. But they're not available in the stores here for some reason. They do have the new 50 Watt Archon, but that one seems to be maybe lacking a bit of character to me although it does'nt sound bad either..

But the MT 15 It's a great sounding amp for sure. Had'nt even heard of Tremonti until the amp came out cuz I'm not into modern metal/metalcore/Alt/radio rock or pretty much anything 'modern" at all....but yeah, it's a pretty sweet sounding amp for sure and the 100 Watter seems to be more of the same..

if they do land up in the stores here, i'm def going to check one out

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Looks like a cheap version of a Bogner Uberschall but alot worse.
        DNW.

Comment

lol, honestly don't hear anythig that's "worse" than a Bogner or Mesa or anything else really ..sounds like a Recto with more mids. I like the thickness & juiciness it has. To my ears it's got a basic tone that's really, really close to the MT -15's... and I've always like how that little amp sounds..

Found another demo from Fluff..

It's a pretty cool sounding head IMO and the price is'nt stupid either...

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            But the MT 15 It's a great sounding amp for sure. Had'nt even heard of Tremonti until the amp came out cuz I'm not into modern metal/metalcore/Alt/radio rock or pretty much anything 'modern" at all....but yeah, it's a pretty sweet sounding amp for sure and the 100 Watter seems to be more of the same.
            I don't think he plays Metal at all, TBH, LOL.

He does have a good taste in amps, though, I guess.

More than a Recto or Uber, I always thought of it the MT15 kinda like a 5150 with a more polite EQ-curve and less clutter in the mids.

Comment

Like all PRS products its not a gibson nor Fender it not Marshall or Mesa its the Pat of amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                I don't think he plays Metal at all, TBH, LOL.

He does have a good taste in amps, though, I guess.

More than a Recto or Uber, I always thought of it the MT15 kinda like a 5150 with a more polite EQ-curve and less clutter in the mids.
                I wouln't know what he plays cuz I've never heard a thing he's done

I have always liked the MT-15 though (and gassed for one). It does'nt have that n'th degree of low-end depth that a Recto has & isn't as scooped, but I 'm hearing more Uberschall/Recto than 5150 overall....mostly Uberschall. Just not the exact same thing..

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Like all PRS products its not a gibson nor Fender it not Marshall or Mesa its the Pat of amps.
                  I just look at it as another flavour.

Not a fan of their guitars (or Gibson's for that matter) but their amp's are'nt bad. I'd still pick a Recto over that^^ but only because it has more character/instantly recognizable tone..

Still this one would be lighter on the pocket for something that's in the same ballpark....

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                    Looks like a cheap version of a Bogner Uberschall but alot worse.
                    DNW.
                    Honestly ..for a cheaper Uberschall crusher I just wish I'd got myself one of these beasts for a third of the price back in the day.

Youtube

Comment

I wouln't know what he plays cuz I've never heard a thing he's done

I have always liked the MT-15 though (and gassed for one). It does'nt have that n'th degree of low-end depth that a Recto has & isn't as scooped, but I 'm hearing more Uberschall/Recto than 5150 overall....mostly Uberschall. Just not the exact same thing..
                      Ah, come on! You've never heard Creed? Were were all 10 year old at some point! LOL.

Well, that's the thing. To me an Uber is 5150-ish to an extent too. Kinda like a smoother Recto with a cleaner dirty top and bottom-end with 5150-like saturation. You gotta remember both the Recto and the 5150 have a common ancestry. I wouldn't be surprised if an Uber takes inspiration from both to some extent circuit-wise.
                      Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-08-2023, 06:52 PM.

Comment

The Gus G sig up there was about $1400 new. But the Regular T2's (same amp/more scooped) were about $800 new & they were blowing them out for $600 on ebay for a while..

I still kick myself in the nuts for not having bought one..

At least I have the small brother (T2HL)

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                          Ah, come on! You've never heard Creed? Were were all 10 year old at some point! LOL.

Well, that's the thing. To me an Uber is 5150-ish to an extent too. Kinda like a smoother Recto with a cleaner dirty top and bottom-end with 5150-like saturation. You gotta remember both the Recto and the 5150 have a common ancestry.
                          I think a Recto really stands apart tonewise, shared DNA or not....It totally has it's own thing going....most other modern high gain amps (excpet Marshalls..also very distinctive) can be dialled in to sound reasonably close to each other

I was ten 40 years ago ... and no I really have'nt heard a thing by Creed (or Tremonti) to date.

Youtube

Comment

I am old/old-school. I have nearly 7000 CD's & don't stream mp3's online (pffft) ..so yeah I only hear what I pay for

Youtube

Comment

I think a Recto really stands apart tonewise, shared DNA or not....It totally has it's own thing going....most other modern high gain amps (excpet Marshalls..also very distinctive) can be dialled in to sound reasonably close to each other

I was ten 40 years ago ... and no I really have'nt heard a thing by Creed (or Tremonti) to date.
                              To be fair, when I had my 5150III, I sorta felt that without a boost, it had a boosted Recto vibe with the huge low-end and the searing high-end. Not exactly, but along the lines. JMO, of course.

And lucky you. Your ears have not been tainted, then, haha.

I like CD's as well. I have a bunch too. I just don't get to hear them nowadays because computers or cars don't have CD drives anymore. I had a stereo, but I can't use one in an apartment. At least not at a volume worth listening to one at.
                              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-08-2023, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X