banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried these universal audio amp sim pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried these universal audio amp sim pedals?

I just have heard reviews from people I trust who said that the Dream pedal was absolutely fantastic. It is on my radar now.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I heard he had gone digital, but I didn't know to what. I just figured he went to Fractal.

Comment

That article includes a little side remark about how they're using a Fractal for 'additional amp simulations and effects'....that smells like a guy using a Fractal but getting an endorsement with a pedal company, or am I just jaded?

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post
          That article includes a little side remark about how they're using a Fractal for 'additional amp simulations and effects'....that smells like a guy using a Fractal but getting an endorsement with a pedal company, or am I just jaded?

Larry
          Thats the way I read it.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by larryguitar View Post

Larry
            “I'm using UA Ruby, Dream and Woodrow amp pedals with some Fractal Axe-Fx units handling additional amp emulation and FX.”

Fractal handling additional sounds like the UAs are primary with Fractal covering other.

Don’t think the guy needs to be selling himself for endorsements at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post

“I'm using UA Ruby, Dream and Woodrow amp pedals with some Fractal Axe-Fx units handling additional amp emulation and FX.”

Fractal handling additional sounds like the UAs are primary with Fractal covering other.

Don’t think the guy needs to be selling himself for endorsements at this point.
              I dont think it's him worried about the endorsements, I think it's him not wanting to be disingenuous about what he's using.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'd really like to try the Dream. I wonder why the pedals don't have an additional XLR out...

Comment

Would be nice if they had "channel switching" when linked together. Activating one would de-activating others (instead of on-off on each pedals).

Comment

Universal Audio makes some nice stuff, but I have no use for those amps they decided to model, personally.

Needz m0ar br00TULZ.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                      Would be nice if they had "channel switching" when linked together. Activating one would de-activating others (instead of on-off on each pedals).
                      AMT makes amp-based pedals that do that.
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

A friend of mine just bought the Dream, it's pretty awesome indeed

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
                          A friend of mine just bought the Dream, it's pretty awesome indeed
                          What speaker is he using it through?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

What speaker is he using it through?
                            I heard it directly on a mixer in the studio, no lag, sound very convincing, dynamic, almost indistinguishable from a real miked 60s Fender, particularly the 3D of the reverb, but I heard it just a few minutes, I didn't have time to get deep in it

Comment

Working...
                            X