banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall Mode Four vs. Fender Metalhead--any recollections of these (in)famous amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post

Oh, yeah. Drums are just a lost cause to record in a home studio unless your home studio is REALLY decked out.
    I’m glad mine is. Non parallel walls and cieiling, huge amount of space in every dimension and just the raw tracks straight from a recording sound gorgeous.

I have to say, it’s not entirely true that acoustic drums are a lost cause otherwise. There absolutely are workarounds depending on what space you have. The things most of you seem to hate the most are challenge I relish the most as a producer but that’s just how I roll. I keep hearing stuff about how “impossible” it is to capture a guitar sound that sounds the way it does in the room with the cabinet and at this point, it’s one of the simpler techniques I have procedures for.

At the end of the day, tones are a means to an end to serving the song they are being applied to. Sounds you might think you would never use might suit a particular song better than whatever your ideal “default” sound might be. I hear things in ways that are very hard to communicate but I literally hear things as colours. I won’t use a “red” guitar sound for a song that calls for a “green” sound.
    Last edited by El Dunco; 11-23-2023, 06:57 AM.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
    X