banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Was Gifted A Marshall VS15R..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Was Gifted A Marshall VS15R..............

The amp has a faulty input jack which if you push the input plug all the way, it shorts out the signal. Pull out the plug part way, the amp works. The amp is missing the bass control knob. I have already replaced the cheap Celestion speaker with a 8 inch 4 ohm Peavey speaker with a bigger magnet. The tone and volume has improved since the original speaker is 8 ohms. I know I'm running the speaker out of spec, I figured since the amp is solid state, that fact shouldn't hurt the amp. Considering replacing the input jack and experimenting with different values of orange drop caps to improve tone and gain.

I would put it on the table saw and make a lunchbox head out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      I would put it on the table saw and make a lunchbox head out of it.
      I agree. You could drop the fanciest Alnico magnet 8 inch speaker in those, and it would still sound like an 8" speaker. Saw it up, run it into a man's cabinet, be impressed, and rock out! ImI

Comment

The same time I was gifted this amp, I was also gifted a Line 6 Spider 3 212 amp. I can't bond with the digital nonsense and it just isn't working for me. I was using a Fryette Valvulator for tube saturation, but it doesn't sound as good as the Marshall. I mounted the Valvulator in the back/rear of the Marshall and it sounds really good. I have a friend who wants the Line 6 amp and is willing to trade his Marshall Lead 12 (The same amp Billy Gibbons used on that song "My Head's In Mississippi")

When I get the Lead 12, I'll be mounting my custom modified BK Butler Blue Tube pedal with a 6SL7 octal tube in the rear/back of the Lead 12. Then both of the Marshall solid state amps will have vacuum tube saturation.
        Last edited by Jeffblue; 01-09-2024, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X