No announcement yet.

Coming Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to learn how to do this. It would be so sick to build my own amp. Any resources you can recommend on learning?
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
      I would love to learn how to do this. It would be so sick to build my own amp. Any resources you can recommend on learning?
      I started with the Hoffman Amplifiers site. They have layouts that show all the component values so it's easy to duplicate their circuits. Rob Robinette's website for modifications and customizations. Schematic Heaven for inspiration and reference. I like that I can see an amp demo on YouTube and look up the schematic on Schematic Heaven to see what components it uses and how it's built then go to Hoffman Amplifiers and find a board layout then Rob's site to customize the circuit.

Tube Amp Schematics, Ampeg, Marshall, Fender, Gibson, Hiwatt, Magnatone, Matchless, Mesa Boogie, Orange, Silvertone, Soldano, Sunn, Train Wreck, Vox

Generic Guitar Tube Amplifier Modifications

Comment

I bought two empty cabs today one 2x10 and a 3x10. Both were in great shape. I'm leaning towards the 3x10 for the Harvard. I could use the 2x10 for the unfinished tweed Deluxe I bought a few months ago.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by idsnowdog; 12-14-2023, 08:11 PM.

Comment

3x10 is a sweet setup, both vibroking and tweed bandmasters sound amazing with that setup. not sure about the impedance matching of the trannies for those amps vs the speakers, but it works whatever it is

Comment

Three 8-ohm speakers in parallel are 2.6 ohms. Most 4-ohm speakers are 2.6 to 3.2 ohms. I could also wire it series/parallel with an 8 ohm 25-watt resistor for 8 ohms.

Comment

Working...
            X