New Amp Day ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp Day ...

Bad Cat Cougar 50 / EL-34's sounds amazing.

How much water does that Cat need?

Awesome amp any clips?
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Congrats on a new amp! I've never owned a Bad Cat but obviously aware of their reputation.

Just curious:
      How effective is a single tone knob for the cleans?
      How useful is the mid boost for shaping the sound? How's it differ from the presence?
      What brand of tubes you got in there​​?
      "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
        Congrats on a new amp! I've never owned a Bad Cat but obviously aware of their reputation.

Just curious:
        How effective is a single tone knob for the cleans?
        How useful is the mid boost for shaping the sound? How's it differ from the presence?
        What brand of tubes you got in there​​?
        I got the amp from a gentelman who's father owned it and took very good care of it. He was a Blues player.
        All stock tubes, Pair of Chinese EL-34B's and all Chinese 12AX7's [4]
        I swapped V-1/2/3 with NOS Amperex and left the Chinese PI.
        Amp has a sh*t ton of gain with no pedals. Ran it w/a Waza CE-2 last nite for intial play.
        Amp is dead quiet. Seems to be cathode biased [no trimmer]. No plans currently to swap power tubes as
        - amp & tubes are low miles and my friend Obeid Khans primary rule : if its working fine don't F with it.
        However i got a pair old school Phillips 6CA7's from a Mesa MK III that i might eventually put in there.
        This amp is midz, midz, midz. The mid boost knob is 4 incremental notched preset settings.
        Wide midrange spectrum is an understatement. Lots of top end on tap via treble & presence.
        Clean tone knob is also 4 notched preset settings.
        Amp has plenty of everything gain, bass, mid, treb, pres. Will try with my full pedalboard hopefully today.
        I swapped a PRS Tremonti SE for this. Worthy trade as Bad Cat only made these for 1 year and this is brand new condition
        -from 2011 era.
        More info to come.

Comment

nice! i have the combo of that amp. i swapped one of the tubes to a 12au7, cant recall which one what ever is the extra gain stages for the dirty channel, and it still has way more gain than i need. ive gigged it a fair amount when i need a very clean tone and a very dirty tone, as opposed to my usual shades of old school overdriven amp tones. works great! enjoy

Comment

Nice! Seems like a cool amp. I hope it serves you well.
            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Blim Blam ---->

Comment

My buddy Mr Khan said the Phillips 6CA7's would work fine so i swapped them in and wowser !!!!

Comment

Comment

Always nice to get a new amp and throw a better set of tubes in it. Video sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
                      Always nice to get a new amp and throw a better set of tubes in it. Video sounds good
                      You know it Brudda.

Comment

Working...
                      X