banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the PowerStage PS100 Stereo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the PowerStage PS100 Stereo!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seymour-Duncan-PS100S-Top.png Views:	0 Size:	364.3 KB ID:	6262459
    POWERSTAGE 100 STEREO
    Stereo Pedalboard Amp

Key Features:
    • Stereo, 100 watts per channel at 4 ohms
    • 5 band EQ
    • Stereo balanced 0utputs
    • True Cab Circuitry (TCC)
    The PowerStage line of compact power amps provides high-headroom class-D amplification to guitarists looking to deliver the sound of their preamp, pedal chain, or amp modeler to the masses. The PowerStage 100 Stereo provides features demanded by the modern guitarist, including stereo inputs and outputs that each drive 100 watts of transparent sound to your cabinets. Perfect for amplifying the sound of modern modeling units to on-stage cabinets, the PS100 Stereo also offers an extended EQ section and balanced line outs with switchable analog cabinet simulation for more authentic projection through any sound system. The stereo sounds developed in your amp modeler, multi effects-unit, or preamp will be delivered with clarity through any pair of speakers, all in a package small enough to fit on your pedalboard.​​
    Administrator of the SDUGF

I appreciate SD continuing to introduce stuff at a time when supply chain issues are making it hard to keep things in stock. It would be easy to not put anything out right now until things improve.

That said, I wish these were in a rack form factor so they could be installed next to a modeling unit. Not all of us consider racks outdated and use pedalboards/floor units instead.

My hesitancy is because flagship modeling units tend to be rack sized for a reason. Shrinking them either increases costs or lowers features to keep things below a certain price point.

If I'm going to invest in only one modeler and I don't have a specific requirement for something to be ultra portable, I'm going for whatever the biggest, top tier thing is.

Comment

On that note, Mr. Mincer, I noticed Mustaine has his PS700 in a rack using what appears to be adapters to extend the ears. Is there a name for these? I didn't know they existed. They remind me of 5.25" to 3.5" adapters for use with PC cases.

Comment

Yeah, I think it is sold with those rack ear adapters...it was designed to go in a rack (the PS700). As far as the smaller PowerStages, that's what rack drawers/shelves are for.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Yeah, I think it is sold with those rack ear adapters...it was designed to go in a rack (the PS700). As far as the smaller PowerStages, that's what rack drawers/shelves are for.
          Thanks. I just heard back from tech support and Jeff told me they do come with ears. I didn't see where it looked like anything could mount on the unit.

Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
            That said, I wish these were in a rack form factor so they could be installed next to a modeling unit. Not all of us consider racks outdated and use pedalboards/floor units instead.
            At least the Power Stage has IEC out instead of competition having an additional "brick" power supply bigger than the amp itself.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
              At least the Power Stage has IEC out instead of competition having an additional "brick" power supply bigger than the amp itself.
              I hate the stupid brick supplies. I try to avoid all gear with them.

Comment

i agree, external power supplies like that suck. much nicer to have the iec cable

Comment

Working...
                X