Stereo Chorus -> two heads -> stereo 4x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Chorus -> two heads -> stereo 4x12

So, thinking of taking my stereo CS9 Ibanez re-issue and sending one out to Laney AOR 50 and another one to Laney GH 50 through my old Webber MiniMass to JCM900 1960A stereo 4x12 ( 8 ohms for stereo ) What do you think ? Will that work or will it be too muddy ? If I put pedal on by-pass will only one out be working, that is stereo split be off ? Level of gain is that of classic heavy, think Tomy Martin era Sabbath, Savatage, Dokken Dysfunctional album.
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Is there something different when splitting a 4x12 like that versus using two 4x12s? Decades ago I did this with two 4x12s, and it sounded fantastic, not muddy at all. I don’t remember if I used a Boss or Ibanez stereo chorus. I think it was Ibanez.

I can’t answer your other questions.

Comment

When the chorus is bypassed, both outputs will continue to work.
      Splitting a cab works - obviously doesn't have the separation of two separate ones.
      But it's still noticeably more 3D than running in mono.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I have done it a few ways. The method you are talking about and wit my Parker which has a stereo out. Both setups sound glorious once you get eq and volume balanced.

Comment

Often I run out of a stereo chorus, or a stereo delay into 2 separate heads each with it's own 4x12 and it is absolutely beautiful.
          Everyone should try it.
          https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Working...
          X