Name:	PXL_20240128_030351388.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	6268572 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240127_185622045.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	6268571
    I traded for the F50. It has that classic Mesa clean sound and a Mark IV style OD channel. Pretty simple for a Mesa. Sounds great!
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

nice score! i really liked those when they came out. not complicated but has what ya need to get the job done right

Comment

I get confused with all the Mesa models...what is unique about this one again?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

its a simple two channel amp with reverb and fx loop. few bells and whistles compared to most mesa stuff but good solid stuff

Comment

Is the overdrive more Marshally or Mark-like?

Comment

oh its definitely mesa/mark like. i dont think mesa did anything marshally till the stiletto

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Is the overdrive more Marshally or Mark-like?
              It is very Mesa. Some would say Mark II but sounds more like a Mark IV to me. I had an Express 5:50 and sold it and the F50 sounds very similar to the Clean and Burn modes on the Express 5:50.
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

How is the clean on that amp?

Comment

I'm quite fond of it. Typical Mesa clean tone I'd say. If you've played a Mesa Express 5:50 I find the clean mode on that is identical to the F-50. The reverb is also nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post

I'm quite fond of it. Typical Mesa clean tone I'd say. If you've played a Mesa Express 5:50 I find the clean mode on that is identical to the F-50. The reverb is also nice.
                    Awesome...sounds like something I'd love.

Comment

I had an F 30 short head for a while. It had one of the best cleans of any amp I have ever owned. Really chimey and lush but still big and warm at the same time. Many say the 50 is even better clean than the 30 is.
                      Guitars
                      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Yeah the cleans on the Mesa F50 is very nice but I imagine the EL84 F30 has a nice unique spin on the Mesa Clean. I haven't heard one but my F50 is similar in time to my former Express 5:50 and I've played through an Express 5:25 in a store and it sounded great!
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

On my Mesa Blue Angel, the cleans are amazing. Actually, it only has 1 channel, and no master volume, so its all clean.

Comment

Haters will hate but Mesa Boogies are great.

I've never had the pleasure to play a Blue Angel but I've read rave reviews and the sound clips I've heard sound great!

Comment

Yeah, the Blue Angel has only 1 channel, 5 knobs, and no master volume. You can choose between 6v6s or EL84s (it has both sets in the amp) or both.

Comment

Working...
                              X