No announcement yet.

Let's talk reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love using reverb while practicing. Playing out I will often turn it off and do stuff with low mix delays - it just seems to work better most of the time live.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I never even used reverb until about the past year. I've just always used delay. Now I only use delay on my leads. I use reverb now on my rhythms, but it's down really low. You can barely even tell that I'm using any.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        I never even used reverb until about the past year. I've just always used delay. Now I only use delay on my leads. I use reverb now on my rhythms, but it's down really low. You can barely even tell that I'm using any.
        This is how I like reverb mixed on my guitar when recording most of the time . . . you set it so that it can be just barely heard, then back it off a tad.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

99.9% off 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the time.

Comment

I always dial in a teensy bit. (In my small music room.) Otherwise, my electric guitar sounds dead and lifeless. Acoustic guitars don't need it. Their reverb is built in to the cavity.

Comment

I use reverb on my drum machine
              it makes the beats seem "in the room"
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I use some 'barely there' reverb for everything most of the time (ie rhythm and leads .I almost never play clean.) preferably from the amp if it has it. Occasionally I use "barely there" delay (in the loop) as well.
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I like it for leads and cleans, not for rhythms. Honestly, leads and cleans are like 2% of my playing. So I'm a no reverb guy most of the time.

And quite honestly, I could very well do without reverb on leads and cleans if I have delay. And overal, I prefer delay if I had to choose one.

For rhythm, it just takes away from the tightness and from a rhythm tone sounding up-front and in-your-face.

Comment

Reverb is like salt on your food. Easily overdone if you're a klutz, but it has to be there.
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    1973 Aria 551
                    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

I use this much reverb, always on. I have two settings, room/short tail and hall/long tail for different tempo songs, e.g. mid-tempo vs ballad (there's a 'tap favorite' built into the pedal to switch between them.)

Comment

My Deluxe Reverb is between 5-6 on the dial.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Verby ....

Comment

Reverb always on for me. I prefer the Fender spring reverb tones--feel that a little goes a long way. I feel that spring reverb plays best with both clean and driven tones.

If I want a lot of reverb, I will go with a hall style reverb but only use that with cleans (usually for an acoustic doing background playing.)

Comment

Working...
                            X