Is this the one I want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the one I want?

Can you name me a combo in the comparable price range that could compare, or top it?

Oops. . . Forgot the link

Last edited by solspirit; 03-08-2024, 07:01 AM.

Hmmmm
    i think something is missing

Is it a Stage Right / Monoprice 15 watt tibe combo?
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Comparable price range to what?

Comment

Is it combo potato peeler grater?
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Get the guaranteed best price on Tube Combo Guitar Amplifiers like the Vox AC30S1 30W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Comment

You'd be better off with a used VOX Valvestate than that. If you want that "VOX tone", a real AC30 TB circuit is what you want, otherwise, it won't sound like anything familiar. You could even do better tone-wise with a BOSS Katana or Fender Mustang amp. But VOX AC30 TB types can be found affordable, if you are patient and wait for used, or a refurb or floor demo or pawn opportunity or estate sale.

Comment

Yep, the top boost allows you to gain so much more and do tone sculpting.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                VOX AC30 TB types can be found affordable, if you are patient and wait for used, or a refurb or floor demo or pawn opportunity or estate sale.
                I paid $575 for my AC30 CC2. Take your time and be patient. I take my time buying every amp I own and find great deals every time. Also, with the VOX, I bought a Vox-in-a-box and played with that for a year before pulling the trigger on the amp.

Comment

Is there a comparable Marshall in that price range?
                  Last edited by solspirit; 03-10-2024, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                    Many. Like I said take your time. I paid $600 for my Marshall JCM2000 with a 900 series 4x12 cab.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                      Yeah, a VOX Valvestate (the blue grille ones, have to find used). Makes a Marshall sound better than current production Marshall.

Comment

Yeah, a VOX Valvestate (the blue grille ones, have to find used). Makes a Marshall sound better than current production Marshall.
                        Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that amp pretty much the VOX ToneLab with a power amp and speakers? Wouldn't it be simpler just to buy a used ToneLab?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that amp pretty much the VOX ToneLab with a power amp and speakers? Wouldn't it be simpler just to buy a used ToneLab?
                          Yes and Yes. He seemed to want an amp, including the speakers, so I put forward the Valvestate.

Comment

Yes and Yes. He seemed to want an amp, including the speakers, so I put forward the Valvestate.
                            A ToneLab and a powered speaker would make a pretty cool and light fly-rig.

Comment

Working...
                            X