No announcement yet.

Info about Alan Holdsworth harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I love attempting but have never been comfortable mastering Holdsworth.

With soloing, it's that multi octave up and down the neck thing.. but having read up on his theory, I at least understand it.

What kills me on albums like IOU and road games is voice leading and harmonization.. in a way he's almost classical but again it's his way of thinking about classical..

It reminds me when I first learned Bebop harmonization.. that flat six adds in chords in between everything..

Obviously, Holdsworth wasn't using flat six harmonization, that would have been too simple :-)

Okay now I need to go put on road games

What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Road Games is a short album, but man, there are a lot of notes on there. I love Jeff Berlin's bass lines.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Speaking of all these great musicians, I followed up road games with UK. UK.. Holdsworth Bruford Joabson and Wetton... Unbelievable from pretty much every angle.

It would be fun to start another thread that averaged ability...

In this case, Holdworth Buford and Joabson would have to be 10s... Wetton would be an extremely solid eight... Yielding an average of 9.5

Of course it's really subjective and maybe objectifying as well, but it would be a bit like a fantasy football league :-)
        What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
        X