Bassbreaker 15 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassbreaker 15 head

I just tried the Bassbreaker 15 head the other day in a store. Maybe it was the guitars I was using it with like PRS DGT SE and SilverSky SE but oh man that sounded amazing. I mean I have been using a pedal pream with a portable SS power amp for about 9 years now and even when I always felt I have enough tone to play and being happy with it that amp really made me feel like I wanted to pull the trigger and buy one, specially now that I noticed they seem to be discontinued.

I mean, the AMT SS-20 preamp has a versatile crunch that can do hard rock but this BB15 does it better. I can always add some switching pedal to put a modeler in the FX return if I need extra sounds but that crunch is something else.
    Who took my guitar?

I agree, they sound fantastic...

... until you get some volume going. I don't think they cut it in a loud rock band scenario, but that was just my experience. They fart out quicker than some others lunchbox amps, IME.

Comment

I have never heard anything bad about them. IIRC they are a nod to the earlier Marshalls that ripped off the earlier Fenders. But yep very nice amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
        I agree, they sound fantastic...

... until you get some volume going. I don't think they cut it in a loud rock band scenario, but that was just my experience. They fart out quicker than some others lunchbox amps, IME.
        Which gain structure did you try for that? I really enjoyed the clean and crunch in the store, but not live band loud as it was a busy saturday with a clinic in the next room, had no chance to crank it.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post

Which gain structure did you try for that? I really enjoyed the clean and crunch in the store, but not live band loud as it was a busy saturday with a clinic in the next room, had no chance to crank it.
          La verdad, ya no recuerdo. Ya pasó tiempo. Me imagino que la que tuviera más distorsión. Los probé cuando eran nuevos.

Recuerdo que suenan muy bien por sí solos, no estoy en descuerdo, pero no soy fan de los amps con sólo un par de EL84's para tocar con la banda completa a menos que específicamente estés buscando ese sonido de "ampli a punto de estallar" como con un Vox AC15 o incluso un Blues Junior, pero no creería que ninguno de esos dos amplis dieran el ancho para tocar Hard Rock o géneros más pesadones.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 05-04-2024, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            I have never heard anything bad about them. IIRC they are a nod to the earlier Marshalls that ripped off the earlier Fenders. But yep very nice amps.
            Let me fix that for you.

Tried the combo back when they were relatively new. Clean channel was great, OD was absolute rubbish.

You're welcome
            Last edited by Coma; 05-05-2024, 07:29 AM.
            --------------------------------------------------------
            1973 Aria 551
            1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
            1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
            1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
            1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
            2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

My 007 Bassbreaker combo is an absolute amazing unit for studio, small gigs—it mics very well. I've replaced the speaker with an Eminence Cannabis Rex and couldn't be happier. I've had the 15 combo and really loved it. Have not tried the 30 and 45 outside of a music store. Great amps for my uses.

Comment

That is exactly the feedback I have heard from everyone who "owns" the amp.

Comment

Working...
                X