banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is there a noticeable difference between amp models in the Valvetronix line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So is there a noticeable difference between amp models in the Valvetronix line?

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
    Yeah, I tried the Cube 30 for one day and took it back. It didn't inspire me and the effects weren't nearly as tweakable as I had hoped.
    I've messed around with the Cube 30 in-store at least 3 times now at higher volumes. I didn't really find the cleans any more appealing than those on my Randall combo (but they're still good for solid state), but I thought a few of the distortion tones really sang; especially the Recto model.

Sorry for semi hi-jacking the thread....
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Re: So is there a noticeable difference between amp models in the Valvetronix line?

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
      Gotta squash you again....You simply are way off base in your posts about the VTX,VTH series Vox amps...You're going on hear say,but you aren't spending anytime playing through the series!
      Squash well taken, however, when "heresay" is that easy to find... Where the's smoke, there's often : or perhaps a kickin' party. And I did listen/play one. Just didn't want that many VOX's, and wasn't in the right price point.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

They all have a unique voicing and each changes the controls to mimic the original amp as well.
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman
          Squash well taken, however, when "heresay" is that easy to find... Where the's smoke, there's often : or perhaps a kickin' party. And I did listen/play one. Just didn't want that many VOX's, and wasn't in the right price point.
          I was very open to your facts about the amp and your own opinions,but I still took it as an overall stereotypical bashing of the Valvetronix series as a whole! I'm here to tell you that this is a great sounding amp....Call me lucky,call me crazy,but I've had no problems(none)with the head version of the 120 watt VTX combo...Maybe because I Opted for the head....

I appreciate the opinions,but maybe I didn't feel they were positive? But it's all good....Still the best $600 I've ever spent on "any" piece of gear!
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I had a 50 watter and the tone was quite good. The only reason I got rid of mine was the "feel" the amp had...close to a tube amp, but not quite. I would opt for the head like stratdeluxer has, it has a lot more models and effects.
            Originally posted by tone4days
            we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill
              I had a 50 watter and the tone was quite good. The only reason I got rid of mine was the "feel" the amp had...close to a tube amp, but not quite. I would opt for the head like stratdeluxer has, it has a lot more models and effects.
              I Love the feel of my amp,though the really nice cabs I plug mine into don't hurt!
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I agree with Stratdeluxer, I have had my 60 watt VTX head for over a year and even with every kid in the hood bashing this thing I have seen none of these reported reliability issues. Before you spend $400. on the 100watt Head look at the 60 watt VTX, it will probably cost you another $25 to $50 but is worth the extra money.

Comment

Working...
                X