Koch Powertone II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koch Powertone II

Heard one tonight, the guy who played it had a huge tone! I checked for pedals or a rack but al he was using was the amp's footswitch.

What's your opinion on Koch amps?
    If you don't know Koch check them out, those amps sound sensational!

Koch Amps are the Dutch leaders in the design and manufacture of guitar amplifiers. Building the best Combos, Heads, Cabinets and Powersoaks.

btw. mr. PRS himself uses Koch amps

Re: Koch Powertone II

I really like Koch a lot, they have a very open and well-defined sound that really lets your guitar's true tone shine. I own a Koch preamp, the Pedaltone (PDT-4). It's one sweet pedal, blows the Mesa V-twin away by any means if you ask me. It's just so versatile (and not just tone-wise!).

There's a beautiful clean channel, with a bright-switch on the second footswitch (that doubles as a gainboostswitch to take it from the crunch-channel to this insanely big lead tone). The first footswitch selects between clean and crunch. Then there's a third footswitch that switches on a fourth 12AX7 that serves as poweramp distortion (with its own drive and level controls) that responds very nicely to playing dynamics and volume settings of the individual channels. And last but not least, there's the rhythm/solo volumeboost on footswitch number four.
    Then there's the huge connectivity options. The thing has its own FX-loop and five different outputs. There's an output to a regular poweramp, a dedicated output to FX-return of any amp (with a 10 dB cut), an output to the guitar input of any amp (with a 20 dB cut), a balanced output to headphones (with a very good analog speakersimulator) and an output to recording gear or PA (with a 10 dB cut and speakersimulator).
    It's just an awesome preamp
    Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
    Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Hello fellow dutchman ,

Yeah, that pedal is probably the best out there with all those features. But it's not actually a peadal but a mini high gain amp disguised as a pedal!
      It's really pricey though but I can see one of those in my future.
      Got any soundclips?
      I hope you didn't buy it from Purple Guitars? I've had some bad experiences with them.

I still can't get over the sound of last night, it was really huge and open wide. Nothing like I've ever heard before.

Comment

No, I did not buy it at Purple. Google led me there, and they had a good image
        I bought mine at WaveWorld in Rijswijk (they don't exist anymore, unfortunately).

And indeed, the Pedaltone is a full-feature preamp. I'm using it with a Boss GT-8, in 4-cable-method.
        Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
        Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Working...
        X