Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer power Mixers

What up doooods?

I'm in the market for a PA at the moment, we'vre got the band together and it's looking good :6: . I'm wondering if any of you guys have experience with behringer's powermixers? in particular this http://www.musicstore.de/en/PA_Homer...usicstore.html
    one.I am on a budget and the majority of it will be buying the Speakers ( http://www.musicstore.de/en/PA_Homer...usicstore.html )

Those speaker I listed also come in a package with 2 power amps in a rack and what looks like an Eq, I'm not sure because its in german and i didnt do so well in german class http://www.musicstore.de/en/PA_Homerecording/6_75_PSYSTEMPAS_0_PAH0003814-000/0/0/0/detail/musicstore.html

I have a mixer and a Fostex multitracker that i could use as a mixer if I went with the two power amps but would the Powermixer route work better and have suficient power? I would not be needing to run them in stereo so would the 2Xpower amps be overkill?

thanks alot guys
    Last edited by y2stevo; 01-16-2006, 04:52 PM.
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: Behringer power Mixers

I've used that model Behringer mixer before.

I used it during some music workshops which I was involved in last year.

From what i remember about it was quite reliable and loud enough for our needs, but I do remember the from the knob for digital FX snapped off after a few months!

Craig

Comment

I can see the Behringer haters coming already! Well don't listen to them. I know guys who operate million dollar studios out of memphis, detroit, muscle shoals, and nashville, and every last one of them uses Behringer in their live rig. Why? They're cheap, they're reliable, and if anything SHOULD break, you're not out that much money! Also they're very readily available. Do not hesitate to use Behringer.
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Oh and i just remembered I can go to the behringer website to check the desk so translations is no onger required
        Marshall JVM 410C
        Mesa Boogie DC-3
        ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
        1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
        2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
        2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
        1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
        2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
        1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Speaking as an owner of a professional sound system company, and had lot's of experience doing national tours- I haven't found any Behringer stuff that I feel comfortable with- with the exception of their DI's.
          Really cheesy stuff- terrible manuals, low-grade electronics
          There is a reason that their stuff is so inexpensive- you get what you pay for.
          I'm not a Peavey fan either- but I'd recommend them before I would Behringer-the Peavey stuff does what it's supposed to- and it is usually rock solid, and not real expensive either.
          " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Thd DI Boxes are fine, some of the 19" DSP units are cool too, but the Mixers are IMO behringers biggest problem...

Yeah they´re cheap and sound good, but when mixers start to fall apart consistently after 6-12 months of gigs, it´s time to buy a Mackie that still works years later
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

If you're going the powered mixer route, check o9ut Soundcraft's 600w Gigrig. Pair it with some JBL JRX 100's and you'll have a good sounding rig that'll last much longer, and wont cost much more than the Behringer unit.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
              X