M-Audio Black Box and Mic questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-Audio Black Box and Mic questions!

Hi all, i have a few quik questions for all you home recording know it all's!
    haha.
    I have just ordered the new Dual core 20inch imac with 2gig of 667mhz ram. I will have Garage band 3 and Logic pro 7 as my base software for recording. Questions are... the M-Audio Black box, is it any good? I will need something like this as an interface for guitar and vocals. And i find the drum patchs to be helpfull for coming up with riff ideas and seeing how they will sound on the "fly". Or if u have another device u think i better please tell. The other is about mic's for recording guitars/bass/vocals, no drums. What is a good mid priced mic for this application, any help is much appriciated!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Justice4all; 01-16-2006, 05:19 PM.

Re: M-Audio Black Box and Mic questions!

I used the BB a lot on the newest Port Authority release called Mississippi Sound, it's on iTunes or our site you can hear some previews.

I used the BB by connecting it to a Epiphone Valve Standard, Fender Pro Jr. (not at the same time) and also running a direct line in from the BB so I could blend the two.

The BB by itself doesn't sound as good as through an amp and only some of the amp models work well imo. The AC30 model through the Epiphone sounds great!

I'm selling my BB which has the firmware update and is mint for $130.00 if you're interested PM me.

A must have mic is the Shure SM57, guitars, drums, vocals it does them all well. A inexpensive tube mic that really is quite good is the Mogami edition V69 Tube by MXL. Condensor mics don't start to sound pro until the 500 plus range imo like the AT4050 - great all around mic.

PS, don't count on doing vocals through the BB - get yourself a Focusrite Platinum series mic pre for 300. or one of the many sound card solutions like the "Saphire" with built in mic pres. You will need a good sound card anyhow.
    Last edited by innerdreamrecords.co; 01-17-2006, 10:16 AM.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Re: M-Audio Black Box and Mic questions!

You have firewire on your computer, correct?

If so, look into the Presonus Inspire. It has 4 inputs, firewire output, anal;og limiting before you hit the digital converters, and comes with a buttload of software, including Cubase. all for $199.99. I'm blown away by what this thing can do.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
      X