Banzai Cold Fusion/Similar Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banzai Cold Fusion/Similar Pedals

Been doing some pedal browsing and this thing sounds amazing in the descriptions and clips, but there's no way I can play it. The nearest dealer is a 4 hour drive from here. I searched the forums but didn't come up with much, anyone own one/play one care to review it? Any comparable pedals I should check out also?
    :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Re: Banzai Cold Fusion/Similar Pedals

The Banzai Coldfusion sounds a little fatter than either channel on the Fireball.
    Compared to a Klon, it's got a more agressive crunch to it, whereas the Klon is smoother.

One thing about the Coldfusion is that it's got a ton of volume....enough to pop your speakers, so it's best to keep the volume and gain around 9:00-10:00. Even at those low settings, it's still pumping out fat gain. It's best to use with a slightly overdriven amp, and use the Coldfusion for a fat lead tone. If you use it with a clean amp, it's also good, but it's higher gain sounds are a little too crunchy sounding. Overall, it's in the top 10 of best OD's out there. It sounds great with Marshalls, and seems more suited to EL-34 amps than 6L6 amps.

One thing I love about it is the way the knobs are sunk down so your foot doesn't come close to the knobs. That's one thing that bothers me about all the pedals made out of small aluminum boxes.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: Banzai Cold Fusion/Similar Pedals

How about with an El84 amp such as a Classic 30
      :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

Working...
      X