Amp Shipping... Partial Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Shipping... Partial Solution

Okay, check these out. It will take three of them to cover all three possible drop directions, but you can apply these drop indicators to the box and if the box gets slammed, the indicator will go off.

What great photo evidence when your box arrives. You'll KNOW if it was treated well. You can bet your booty the UPS and Fed Ex guys know what these are. You can also bet they'll treat your stuff better.

Some models are resetable, others aren't. I'm going to order some. About 4 bucks a piece and you have to have three. That's a $12 insurance policy.

What do you think? I'm going to get one step ahead of those bahsteds! :fing25:

Uline stocks over 29,000 shipping boxes, packing materials and mailing supplies. Same day shipping for cardboard shipping boxes, plastic bags, janitorial, retail and shipping supplies.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Amp Shipping... Partial Solution

I think those things are a great idea. When I received some smartboards for our school they had drop-tell and tip-tell sensors on the box. I think 12-20 dollars is totally worth it for cheap insurance. Not only that, it's possible that if you have that as evidence you might be able to more easily win a claim case against those shipping bastards.
    MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
    MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
    MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
    69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
    Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
    Martin D28

Comment

THAT'S BRILLIANT !! If you plan on buying in bulk? Maybe you can sell them to. I betcha a lot of forum Bro's would wanna buy a half a dozen or so.
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I'm thinking you put three on the inside of the box, each direction of potential shock, right? Take good digital photos prior to shipping.

Then, put one of two on the outside of the box to warn the shipper, but having the ones inside would remain hidden from view.

I'm not worried about tipping, just those 10 foot drops onto the concrete.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Scott

In the EPCC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning) world these devices are used on all high dollar components.

You can bet shipper know exactly what these devices are and what their liability is if impact is detected. However, most shippers then try to get you to sign a Fragile - Hold Harmless statement on the shipper ticket. Make sure that it is XXXXXXXX out.

PS make them take out the insurance if they try to balk, rather than you having to pay for it and tell them that is why your company is using impact recorders to verify if hidden damage has occurred because of improper handling, lack of preventive shipment measures and personnel's inability to follow industry-wide shipping and handling procedures.
          Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
          When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
          Red Devils - 1% all the way!
          Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
          Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Larry, I'm also looking for a good source of closed cell polyethylene foam planks to use as amp packing material. Got any sources there in H-town?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Protect your shipments with any of our packing foam. We offer several types of foam to pad your packages during storage or shipment. Find it here!

Here you are - Scott.

PS: Great sound deadener (Noise pollution killer)
              Last edited by Stratman; 01-22-2006, 12:29 AM.
              Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
              When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
              Red Devils - 1% all the way!
              Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
              Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

scott you might want to get one of these foam packing systems:
                Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

this person on ebay carries the complete line:
                  Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

Man, I'd never heard of these things, but it's a great idea I wish I'd thought of first.

Personally, I wish stupidity were punished by death, but that's my 'pet wish.'
                    Howabout one of these hooked up to a bomb, so the UPS employee gets his face torn off by shrapnel???? OK, I know.......only in a perfectly twisted world!
                    hahahahahahahaha
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Personally, I wish stupidity were punished by death, but that's my 'pet wish.'
                      Howabout one of these hooked up to a bomb, so the UPS employee gets his face torn off by shrapnel???? OK, I know.......only in a perfectly twisted world!
                      hahahahahahahaha
                      Hmmmmm . What shipping service did the Unibomber use?
                      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Interesting.......but the cynic in me says they know ways around that too.

"The shipper didn't pack the items properly....DENIED!!!"

That sealed air stuff is cool. I've received things with that & it's form fitting & seems very sturdy.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Iīm stilll trying to figure out how to ship AP Mines, much more rewarding when the package is dropped, and saves the company the stress of firing the incompetent employee

But seriously, these Dropīn Tell and Tipīn Tell thingies are a great cheap insurance and really do do wonders when it comes to a claim... just pisses me off that this kind of thing is necessary at all.....
                          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I'm waiting for Groupiegirl to weigh in on this one... I wonder if they are a joke in the eyes of Oops and ShredEx.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I guarantee they hold no bearing at all in the initial claims process

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
                              X