What exactly is an SG-1 Slow Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is an SG-1 Slow Gear?

They have a clone you can build on BYOC, but I am not familiar with it and what it does. So what is it and what does it do?
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Re: What exactly is an SG-1 Slow Gear?

the BOss Slow Gear is a 2 knobs Boss Pedal from several years ago...it's been out of production for years and the bring $300+ on Ebay...more or less what it does is turn the guitar volume down then swell it back up as you play w/o you having to touch anything...kind of like a cross between an envelope filter and a volume pedal...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Gotcha... I figured if you were around this AM you would know!! Thanks dude. Have you ever used one? I don't want one I was just curious.
      I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

It's one of the effects in the Boss GT-series multi-FX. It's fun to toy around with a bit, but I don't really use it regularly on my GT-8.
        Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
        Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

I use it to mimic string parts. It's a bit finnicky, but once you get used to it, you can get some cool sounds out of it.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

they include it on my GTPro....I use it a lot, it is a really cool effect.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I want to build one, I've been waiting ages for that kit to be ready on BYOC
              Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
              Marshall Mods

Comment

Originally posted by shredaholic
                I want to build one, I've been waiting ages for that kit to be ready on BYOC
                guyatone pedals makes something quite similar. Its another envelope controlled volume, can't remember what its called. Its a pretty kool effect for certain things (works great in combination with other effects to create strange synth like sounds), but not really all to useful. I suggest trying to find the guyatone version ta try out before ya comit to building one, so ya can decide weather its even worth the effort.
                www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
                I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Low_fidelity2100
                  guyatone pedals makes something quite similar. Its another envelope controlled volume, can't remember what its called. Its a pretty kool effect for certain things (works great in combination with other effects to create strange synth like sounds), but not really all to useful. I suggest trying to find the guyatone version ta try out before ya comit to building one, so ya can decide weather its even worth the effort.

+1 on the Guyatone. I had that pedal for a while and it was very cool.
                  :afro:

Comment

Originally posted by AmpliFIRE
                    +1 on the Guyatone. I had that pedal for a while and it was very cool.

Do you remember what the pedal was called? These sound interesting, but i checked out ebay and right now there are 3 of the Boss SG-1s, 2 of which are close to $400!
                    Gibson Les Paul Studio [DD(b), PG(n)]

VHT Deliverance 60
                    Splawn 4x12

Xssive built Monroe Drive
                    Vox Time Machine Delay
                    Boss Noise Supressor

Comment

Originally posted by Destroying Angel
                      Do you remember what the pedal was called? These sound interesting, but i checked out ebay and right now there are 3 of the Boss SG-1s, 2 of which are close to $400!
                      The SV2:

:afro:

Comment

The only problem with it is if you want to do a fast string type run it'll only swell the first note.....so you need to quit playing in between notes if you want it to swell again.
                        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                        X