Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall GAS!

Originally posted by Jeff_H
    Yup, you can crank it at my place too. 8000 sq feet of basically open space....in an industrial area. If it goes to 11, you can put it on 11 here.

Jeff,

I'll crank it at my house first...you should be able to hear it from here!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

hell......you get as many as Jimi used to have on stage, HE could hear you What struck me as interesting is that the early, early Super Leads had the SS rectifier, but still used KT66's. Kind of a Super JTM 100. I wonder how difficult it would be to try that with my new 50 watt? And of course, they will be using those badass super pricey 12h30 Heritage speakers in the cabs. That set up will have to sell for well north of $5k
      '05 '59 Les Paul RI, WCR Goodwoods
      '06 '58 Les Paul VOS, WCR Fillmores
      '04 '57 Les Paul RI, WCR Moore/Green
      '98 '54 Les Paul Custom RI, SD CS P90/A5
      '01 Firebird V
      '06 '51 Nocaster Relic, SD CS Broadcaster
      '94 40th Ann '54 Strat RI, Antiquities
      '96 '62 Strat RI, Fralin Blues Specials
      '05 '52 Tele RI, Fralin Blues Specials
      '94 Mexican Tele, Broadcaster/Vintage
      '04 Martin HD28V
      '66 Vibrolux Reverb
      Fender CS '57 Twin RI
      Marshall 1987x RI
      Soultone 18w
      Deluxe Reverb RI

Comment

Yeah this is gonna be one helluva great amp...but good gawd...it's for Stadiums only

wonder how much actual wattage they are gonna be putting out??

And If one of the forum bros brings one to LI, I'll hop on the train with one of my guits in a heartbeat!
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

100 w but it don't matter......that stack has 8 of those super high dollar high effeciency Celestion Heritage 30's. That thing is gonna honk REAL loud.
          '05 '59 Les Paul RI, WCR Goodwoods
          '06 '58 Les Paul VOS, WCR Fillmores
          '04 '57 Les Paul RI, WCR Moore/Green
          '98 '54 Les Paul Custom RI, SD CS P90/A5
          '01 Firebird V
          '06 '51 Nocaster Relic, SD CS Broadcaster
          '94 40th Ann '54 Strat RI, Antiquities
          '96 '62 Strat RI, Fralin Blues Specials
          '05 '52 Tele RI, Fralin Blues Specials
          '94 Mexican Tele, Broadcaster/Vintage
          '04 Martin HD28V
          '66 Vibrolux Reverb
          Fender CS '57 Twin RI
          Marshall 1987x RI
          Soultone 18w
          Deluxe Reverb RI

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
            You do, my house Pick one up and swing on by. I am sure all the LI brothers will come by that day too
            I could walk there if I had to! And I would for something like that hehe.

I read somewhere that Jimi had his Super Leads modded with 6550 tubes, and otherwise were left stock. At the end of each tour, the techs would take apart the one's Jimi liked the best to see what made them better. They almost always had very high plate voltage.
            The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
            And Here on Bandcamp!
            Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

It looks frighteningly loud, but it's a great keepsake for sure. I wish I had the slant cab, just to use with my amp.

Look ma, no handles.......well, except for the plastic ones on the straight cab.
              Last edited by Gearjoneser; 01-27-2006, 10:04 PM.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

*Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                Originally posted by Slash2987
                Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                Originally posted by PVFan
                I'm a good sex man.
                Originally posted by Grumpy
                I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

After reading the whole description, I'm more interested in having it as a long-term collectible.......the only problem is I KNOW what the price is gonna be.
                  The whole stack will likely be $5000, if not more.

By the way, I met Janie Hendrix when I was 19. I worked at Guitar Center and this young black woman told me and the other salesmen that she was Jimi Hendrix's younger sister. We all looked at each other like "yeah rite."
                  She pulled out her driver's license and showed us her name, but we still just thought her last name was a coincidence. She came back a week later with some pictures of Jimi that nobody but her would own. We Sh1t our pants and ate crow! She even gave one of the pictures to the salesman who was a huge Hendrix fan......a guy that was about her age.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Which guitar center was this?
                    This space is for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                      After reading the whole description, I'm more interested in having it as a long-term collectible.......the only problem is I KNOW what the price is gonna be.
                      The whole stack will likely be $5000, if not more.
                      The new Marshall Handwired 100 watt head and 2 cabs sells for over 5k as is..the Jimi Hendrix version is gonna be WAY more...the public has been waiting for a JH Marshall for close to 30 years!
                      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I really wanted one of those offset JTM45s when they came out.
                        *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
                        Originally posted by Slash2987
                        Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
                        Originally posted by PVFan
                        I'm a good sex man.
                        Originally posted by Grumpy
                        I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Working...
                        X