Battle of the Analog Delay Pedals!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Analog Delay Pedals!!!

Which of the above delays do you recommend?

I don't really need any more than 300ms, as it would only be used for a reverby effect or slight delay sounds. I want the unit to be as quiet as possible and reliable.

I'd actually like the Maxon AD-900, but it's just too damn expensive. :P

Please... no digital delays.

I'm currently leaning towards the Ibanez AD-9 because most people seem to like it and it's also usually the cheapest!

Do the AD-80 units provide any new features or advantages that are worthwhile over the '9' models?
    Boss DM-3
    25.00%
    Ibanez AD-9
    25.00%
    Ibanez AD-80
    0%
    Maxon AD-9
    0%
    Maxon AD-80
    0%
    Other (please state)
    50.00%
    Last edited by darkshadow54321; 01-27-2006, 02:20 PM.
    There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Re: Battle of the Analog Delay Pedals!!!

shouldnt the ehx memory man be included?
    we can be heroes

Comment

I've got an old Washburn Analog Delay that smokes my Boss DM-2.
      *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
      Originally posted by Slash2987
      Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
      Originally posted by PVFan
      I'm a good sex man.
      Originally posted by Grumpy
      I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

FWIW, there is VERY little difference between the Maxon AD-9 and AD-80...The AD80 and AD-9 have very similar circuits, but differ in much the same way that the OD808 and OD-9 do (different chassis style, different switching type). Due to its larger chassis the AD-9's components are more spread out on the PC board, which leads to less component cross-talk and more quiet operation. The AD-9 tends to be a little brighter sounding than the AD80, which is primarily due to fewer components in the switching circuit (again, the AD80 uses FET and the AD-9 uses TBS w/a 4PDT) and a less sophisticated filtering circuit in the AD80. Besides these slight differences, you'd be hard pressed to tell the two apart sonically.

The Ibanez AD-9 and the Maxon AD-9 are the same pedal and the Maxon AD-80 and the Ibanez AD-80 are the same pedals with the only real difference being the name and the fact that the maxon units are true bypass.

And as for the Boss DM-3, it's also very similar to the AD-9/AD-80 units...I woudl say that if you had all 5 of the mentioned delay units and were top listen with your eyes closed you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference...you've pretty much picked the same pedal 5 times.

And as for my vote...I chose other, I happen to really like the EH Deluxe Memory Man
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Ad-9.

Comment

I was recommended the EHX memoryman also
            Its more of a chorus and echo mixed
            Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
            Gibson 1959 reissue
            Gibson 1960 reissue
            Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

Deluxe Memory man. That thing rules.
              "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It overloads too easily.

Comment

Working...
                X