Marshall 30th anniv. value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 30th anniv. value?

Anyone know roughly what a Marshall 30th anniversary is worth, original blue tolex? Its the 6101 1 X 12 combo plus matching 1 x 12 extension cab, also blue tolex. Runs on 11 valves, 4 el34 power stage. Its a really meaty bit of kit, but just too loud for the type of playing I do these days.
    Is it worth putting it on ebay? A1 condition, not gigged much, still got the original booklet with it.

Re: Marshall 30th anniv. value?

Black ones around $900. A blue one in A+ condition w/ext cab. $1400-$1900 US.
    They aren't considered vintage yet, but they're definitely collectibles if they're blue and in great shape. Plus, you've got the ext. cab, which I didn't even know existed.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Thanks for the info, appreciate that. Should be able to get a decent downsize tube amp for that value, or should I hold on to it to see if it becomes a real collectable?

Comment

Get yourself a weber MASS attenuator!!!!! and hold onto it!(the amp that is)
        Marshall JVM 410C
        Mesa Boogie DC-3
        ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
        1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
        2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
        2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
        1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
        2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
        1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

you might get more than you think for it those 1x12" extension cabs go for a whole lot themselves !! i had an el-34 black head and it was great and it got good tone at lower volume. it's alot of tubes and alot of switches and marshall doesn't make replacement parts for them and not many people work on them
          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

I'd hold onto it. You should grab a DS1, get on a plan and fly over here. I'd have a mini Satriani rig, pre Peavy of course.
            Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
            Ibanez RG1570 Custom
            PRS McCarty STD
            '71 Gibson SG Custom
            Bogner Alchemist 2x12
            Vox AD15VT

Comment

Heh, I'm coming over in 2 weeks, buit didn't plan to bring the amp with me. It's only a small cube but it weighs a tonne.

Comment

Working...
              X