GAS Alert: Tech 21 Trademark 60!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GAS Alert: Tech 21 Trademark 60!

Thanks for the review, just gives me more gas than a super grande burrito!! Glad you are pleased with it.
    Gibson LP Traditional Plus - 57 classics
    Gibson LP Studio - Suhr Aldrich/490r
    Fender American Tele
    Epi 57 LP Jr. reissue - SD SP90-2
    Vox VT 60
    Vox AD30 Valvetronix

Comment

Re: GAS Alert: Tech 21 Trademark 60!

Update: I finally put this amp through its paces in a loud band situation. I played with two different bands yesterday, pretty different styles, and one particularly loud drummer. My Trademark 60 faced off against a JCM 800 head and 4x12 cab in one of the groups that another guitar palyer was using.

Everyone thought I was the one plugged into the big 4x12 and Marshall. When I shook my head and pointed to the unassuming, homely-looking little 1x12 combo, there were many various exclamations of disbelief and amazement.

This amp is my secret weapon. I guess that's the best, shortest way to sum it up.

I would say that everyone should own one, but I'd like to keep the amp indie and underground. Mine, all mine.

Some people have mentioned hthat they think Channel 2 is hard to dial in the way they like. Try backing the gain way off, to maybe 10 o'clock. Then use a clean boost pedal to push the amp back into thick crunch. Pedal off: punchy, aggressive Tom Morello-type riff tone. Pedal on: big, fat, thick crunch. I kind of the like the way the amp responds to a clean boost in front better than cranking the gain up. YMMV!

Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

Working...
      X