Was Listening To The Komet Amp Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Listening To The Komet Amp Today!

And my God what an amp! I think I'd love to own one! Pricey,but it's got Ken Fischer written all in it...

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 02-02-2006, 08:22 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Was Listening To The Komet Amp Today!

the Komet is the best amp I have ever played through...hands down...THE BEST!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
      the Komet is the best amp I have ever played through...hands down...THE BEST!
      I've known about it since it came out....Great amp I know....I Used to spend at least an hour or more each time with Ken Fischer back when I first started tweaking Marshall and old Fender amps....I'd love to own one of these cause it's more reasonable then say a 12k Trainwreck amp!

Would I want to gig with a $3600 amp though?
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I'd love to have one, but they're all around $3000...used. If I ever see one for less than $2400, I might have to move on it.

I was talking them up a couple years ago here, and Young Angus jonesed HARD, and took out a loan to have one shipped to Australia! hahaha Without a doubt, it's the only one in Australia! I'm sure he loves it, although his ENGL Powerball is still his main amp......just due to the versatility.
        The Komet is the best VH tone I've ever heard.

The feature I like the most is the rotary pot on the top of the chassis, to tweak the bias by ear. I wish all amps had one!

Listen to clip 4. That's the tone! Totally nails the Mississippi Queen sound, but better. The rhythm guitar sounds killer too.
        Last edited by Gearjoneser; 02-03-2006, 04:25 PM.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Look at this one! Dayyyyem!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            Look at this one! Dayyyyem!
            Is that the one that they'll only make about 30 of GJ?

Comment

Yep, 30 of them, but at $5000, guess who WON'T be getting one?

I think my favorite color scheme is the black, red V, silver chassis.
              You almost never see one used, and I'm assuming it's because the few proud owners of them are too smart to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Yep, 30 of them, but at $5000, guess who WON'T be getting one?

I think my favorite color scheme is the black, red V, silver chassis.
                You almost never see one used, and I'm assuming it's because the few proud owners of them are too smart to sell them.
                Hey guess what? At 5k I won't be one of the 30 to own one either buddy!

I think the $3600 Komet would though?

Comment

Working...
                X