I'm Currently Working On Building A Turret Board For My 73 Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Currently Working On Building A Turret Board For My 73 Marshall

Tired of screwing around with the stupid PCB in my 73 50 watt 1987 Marshall..I Mean I Love my amp and it sounds great,but it just needs a PTP board....Pictures upon completion....Naturally...
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: I'm Currently Working On Building A Turret Board For My 73 Marshall

John, Have you checked out Metroamps? For 80 bucks you get the board and all the components. It's all quality stuff IMO. Save yourself a lot of drilling.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
      John, Have you checked out Metroamps? For 80 bucks you get the board and all the components. It's all quality stuff IMO. Save yourself a lot of drilling.
      I already have a ThunderTweak Plexi Board....I'm populating it...Thanks though..
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
        I already have a ThunderTweak Plexi Board....I'm populating it...Thanks though..
        The ThunderTweak stuff looks pretty Good Are you useing Orange drops,Mallory 150's or Sozo's ? My OT and choke should be ariving on monday for my homebrew 2204. With any luck? I'll have sound clips on Tues.
        http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Always up to something eh John.... Ha ha ha.... Never heard of someone changing a PC Board for the hell of it.... cool idea... i guess basicly it could be considered a custom amp for sure instead of a Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
            The ThunderTweak stuff looks pretty Good Are you useing Orange drops,Mallory 150's or Sozo's ? My OT and choke should be ariving on monday for my homebrew 2204. With any luck? I'll have sound clips on Tues.
            Mallory 150s work for me....Haven't tryed the Sozos?

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan
              Always up to something eh John.... Ha ha ha.... Never heard of someone changing a PC Board for the hell of it.... cool idea... i guess basicly it could be considered a custom amp for sure instead of a Marshall...
              Well....I'm not just changing it for the hell of it Chris! Tired of having to remove all the pots and lift the board up to work on the board....Plus the more you solder and unsolder,the more you risk having crappy connections between components because you burn the traces...I'm keeping this amp,so I've been wanting to do this for several years..Finally getting around to it..

I had to lift the entire board and get underneath the damn thing just to solder in 2 new 10 MFD bias caps....
              Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 02-03-2006, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Mallory 150s work for me....Haven't tryed the Sozos?
                Sozos have a better tone -

As with all capacitors (And Speakers) there is a break - in period for these devices.
                Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratman
                  Sozos have a better tone -

As with all capacitors (And Speakers) there is a break - in period for these devices.
                  Maybe,but I'm not totally sold on that? The Mallory 150M caps are great and I've been using them for years! The Sosos are twice the price,not a big deal really,but why mess with a good thing?

Comment

looking forward for pics
                    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                    TS 7 (modded)
                    Hot Rod 50+ XL
                    Framus Dragon 4x12
                    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

I had to lift the entire board and get underneath the damn thing just to solder in 2 new 10 MFD bias caps....

why would you do that. clip the caps right at the body of the component, and use the leads as "standoffs" or if enough room, leave component in solder new component, and clip out old. simple and very effective.

germ
                      Jeremy Ledford
                      Tone Guru Extroardinaire
                      Tone Shop

Comment

let me know if you want to try some real .022 600v caps i have many.
                        Jeremy Ledford
                        Tone Guru Extroardinaire
                        Tone Shop

Comment

Let us have some pics when you are done
                          PTP lasts longer for sure and is way easier to dabble around with.

Comment

If the amp has original Mustard caps keep those, your amp just won't sound the same without them. For current production, Sozos are the closest you can get to that Mustard equipped (1962-1975 Marshall) sound.
                            Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
                            Marshall Mods

Comment

Magic caps

Comment

Working...
                              X