banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone using GT-8's effects w/o preamp or cab sim on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone using GT-8's effects w/o preamp or cab sim on?

Hey Guys

I'm upgrading my rig a litte.I'm still not sure If i'm simply going to go with buying a few more pedals (possibly a Comp,True bypass Wah,Tuner Pedal,booster Pedal/get my GE-7 modded) or mabye go with the GT-8. From any of the multi-effects floor processors I've looked at the GT-8 seems to be the one that i'd buy if I opted for a MultiEffects.
    Now, although the GT-8 has much more effects than I essentially need(I don't even 'essential' need ANY bar the Tuner ) i think I could use some of these extra effects to Add to my sound. yadda Yadda Yadda.

Anyways does anyone here play live using the GT-8 with the '4 cable method' through their amp without the GT-8 Preamp and Cab Sims(basically using your amps OD and crunchs etc..) but used the Gt-8 effects?

mabye i should have simply asked 'are the effects on the GT-8 quote Good unquote ?

I'm also considering using the GT-8 through tha PA live if I'm satisfied with the Tone i can get from it's onboard OD's cab sim etc..That way because I'm the only guitarist in the Band I could use it to my advantage with it in stereo to fill up the sound (in a good way of course)

So anyway all opinions about whatever the hell i'm asking are greatly appreciated

As always thanks alot guys!!!!!

y2stevo
    Last edited by y2stevo; 02-05-2006, 02:20 PM.
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: anyone using GT-8's effects w/o preamp or cab sim on?

The GT-8 has great effects. I use the reverb, delay, and modulation effects in the loop of my SWR Strawberry Blonde for acoustic.

The preamps are alos fantastic. I use them as my main rig through a power amp, a regular amp, or the PA.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
      The GT-8 has great effects. I use the reverb, delay, and modulation effects in the loop of my SWR Strawberry Blonde for acoustic.

The preamps are alos fantastic. I use them as my main rig through a power amp, a regular amp, or the PA.
      Cool thanks!

I was thinkin of mabye at least trying it out direct to the PA. I think I might pick one a these up so
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Direct to the PA is awesome- I use the GT-Pro, which is the rack mounted GT8.
        As far as effects goes, it is the best floor processor in that department, and lots and lots of people have uploaded patches, etc...check out the GT8 Yahoo group, as well as the other online forum for it: http://bossgtcentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks Mincy!

i was browsing the GTCentral all day yesterday and i'm pretty happy withthe reviews and alll its abilities and functions!
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

I use my GT-8 with a floorbased tube preamp running it in 4 cable method, after which I send the signal to the FX return of a tube combo. Works great and sounds awesome. I usually just use reverb, delay and a little chorus, but sometimes also compressor, wah and overdrive out of the GT. I also use the preampsims of the GT though.
            Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
            Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys!

Another question,
              Do any of you use an additional Sub pedal? i was thinking of getting the boss single switch footpedal(or twin switch one if the GT-8 can use it?) and use it for switching to manual mode(the stompbox mode dealy) or for switching the Amps channels, or if the twin pedal works with the GT-8 then i'd use both on the pedal.?

Cheers
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Twin pedal will work, the jack for an external pedal is stereo so it can handle a two-button footswitch just fine.
                Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
                Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

Ah most excellent!

Another last question please!

Since the GT-8 has midi In & Out connection would that mean I could theoretically use something like the behringer FB 1010, or similar massive Midi Footcontroller be able to control virtually everything by foot?
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

You can change channels of your amp with the GT-8 .

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
                      Since the GT-8 has midi In & Out connection would that mean I could theoretically use something like the behringer FB 1010, or similar massive Midi Footcontroller be able to control virtually everything by foot?
                      Yes, you can use any MIDI floorboard to control a great deal of functions of the GT-8.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeroen
                        Yes, you can use any MIDI floorboard to control a great deal of functions of the GT-8.
                        Ah. Excellent.

So esssentially you could Use it in the same was as the GT-Pro, Hide it away from the line of sight of fallin beer and the like and letthe midi board take the heat!
                        Just to keep it in sight to use the tuner i suppose. Thanks all!
                        Marshall JVM 410C
                        Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Working...
                        X