Looking for A New Amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for A New Amp.

Hey guys, i´m kind of looking for a new amp, i guess it doesnt matter if it is tube or SS but my budget is around 500 tops, but maybe i can save more money and go for a real thing. I have some amps on the poll i´m looking at, i hope you guys can help me.
    I´m looking at a new one coz my crate is dead !!! its a to go thing.
    JJ
    JC-120
    4.55%
    Road King
    22.73%
    Trademark-60
    45.45%
    ValveKing
    13.64%
    Crate GX-65
    9.09%
    Bandit
    4.55%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Ironjose; 02-08-2006, 06:56 PM.
    And Heavy Metal For All...

Re: Looking for A New Amp.

Trademark 60!

I just got mine, and have been playing the poor thing non-stop. Love it. LOVE IT!

But you didn't really say what style you play, and what you're looking for in an amp. The Trademark 60 is not for everyone, nor are any of the amps you listed "do it all" kind of amps. What are you looking for?

You already have some pretty sweet pre-amp modeling gear. The GT-8 is a nice box, and the Pod XT Live ain't no slouch either. Either one of those would pair up real real nice with a keyboard amp, or the Tech 21 Power Engine 60.
    Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

Well i play any kind of music, mostly metal and hard rock... i´ve been looking a lot at the TM-60, it seems pretty versatile.
      JJ

Comment

Find a used Vox Valvetronix 60W or 120W head. They're a very fun and practical amp to own, since you can use them for any tone at any volume level.
        You can dial in any shade of gain you can think of. The FX, tuner, and overdrives are all built in. They're loud as a tube amp on full power, but can be switched down to 6 watts for late night practicing. They're inexpensive and available worldwide too!
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I voted TM-60, but I'll also 2nd the Power Engine 60 & run your modellers thru it....or get 2 for stereo.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

i did the crate plus the vox as well.

the newer crate GTX212 get a real good sound.
            Ibanez Roadstar II
            EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
            VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

I once tried the Vox amp, a 50 or 60 watt, but i didnt dig it... it sound it well i dont know not well for my taste, but i only try it like 10 min or so.
              I´ll take a closer look at the Power engine, is it only power amp with a speaker?
              I like the Crate too, since i use to have a gx212 this one on the poll is the half of it, i hope it sounds good too.
              JJ

Comment

Originally posted by Ironjose
                I once tried the Vox amp, a 50 or 60 watt, but i didnt dig it... it sound it well i dont know not well for my taste, but i only try it like 10 min or so.
                I´ll take a closer look at the Power engine, is it only power amp with a speaker?
                I like the Crate too, since i use to have a gx212 this one on the poll is the half of it, i hope it sounds good too.
                JJ
                It's a 3-band active EQ, 60W power amp, and 12" speaker.

Perfect match to a GT-8 or Pod XT.
                Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

If your budget is 500 tops, you really shouldn't be looking at the Road King. I say go for the Trademark 60.
                  Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

I do'nt think a road king will be available at 500 region.

My guess would be Trademark 60, as a modelling amp would sound more digital. But it could be the best buy among your choices
                    Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
                    Gibson 1959 reissue
                    Gibson 1960 reissue
                    Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

I was talking about the Road King coz i´m want a real thing, i mean a good stuff and professional stuff, like for an axe maybe a LP custom or something like it.
                      i know that it cost more than 1000 dollars, but look for now i´m sticking with the idea to buy the Tech 21 amp or power engine.
                      JJ

Comment

I have a Crate GFX212t and I really like it for what it costs. The clean channel is really good. With reverb sounds close to my old twin, just a bit less bright. The 1st OD channel is alright but if you use alot of gain I would suggest a pedal and the od Channels as boosters.
                        Fender and Squier Guitars, Crate Amps and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Comment

also, I just wanted to add, when deciding on a nice tube amp go heavy or not at all and forget about the price. You are always going to want what you really wanted. A cheaper amp will get you by till you really have the funds for what you want.
                          Fender and Squier Guitars, Crate Amps and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Comment

Have a friend hook you up at a music store: have him hide the price tags and tell you which ones you can try out. Tell him your budget and needs, etc. Then play through them all while intentionally not looking at the model or brand. Basically, I'm saying that sometimes a blind listen to all the ones in your price range will surprise you as to which you like. It's about sound, after all, isn't it?
                            My Music Page
                            Originally posted by vinterland
                            I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
                            Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

Comment

Yeah i know what you´ll are saying, but i´m going to do that, pick one right now but not in a crazy way, you know, i´d maybe go for the TM-60 or and Power Engine, and save for the Road King in the future, i hope is not to far.
                              JJ

Comment

Working...
                              X